Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/19/2003 11:56:56 AM EDT
Is it just me, or is there starting to be much less difference in prices between preban and post ban Colts?
What do new post ban Colts sell for? Say, $900 or more including tax?
I recently purchased a LNIB R6530 Carbine for $1100 shipped, with extras. This makes for less than $200 difference between preban and post ban.
I'm also noticing the preban Colts that used to have asking prices of $1,500 and up don't seem to sell and just sit there. This is obviously because folks are waiting for the AWB ban to sunset.
I figure an extra few $$ is cheap insurance if the AWB doesn't sunset.

Anyone else noticing the same thing?

Mick
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems that the downward prices started a couple months ago.  I too have noticed the same rifles on auction sites that have not sold due to once "normal" asking prices.

I for one don't mind one bit loosing so called "value" in my Colts in exchange for the expiration of the AWB.

Personally, I like the older Sporter Colts and will most likely pick up another, but I will wait until the AWB goes one way or the other.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top