Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/18/2003 4:48:59 PM EDT
I have always owned Bushmaster. Kind of hard not to, as they are in the next town over from mine.  Their products are great, but I want to expand my collection, and have been considering a pre-ban Colt AR15.  Only thing is, there are so many different labels, I don't know where to start.  Why do folks advertise as Blue Label, Green Label, etc?  What is that all about? And also, terms like four holes, large hole, raised fence. . .all this is greek to me. I have found an interest in the 6520 Gov't Carbine. Maybe a sporter.
I just don't know where to look to find the info I need so I can make an educated pruchase. I thought you guys might be willing to share all your past buying & owning experiences with your Colt AR15's with me?? Thanks much to all!  db
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Give this a shot [url=http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/coltcolors.html]Biggerhammer[/url]

Most of their Colt info is accurate [:)]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
take care of it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:17:02 AM EDT
[#3]
trust me on this one.....!!

forget about the Blue, Green & any other color label, forget big pin small pin & all that other nonsense untill you get a handle on black rifles..., my suggestion is get yourself a Colt SP-1, they are the older models, 20" bbl & in my opinion the most beautiful of the Black Rifles & also most reliable.., my opinion !!!

the SP-1 will cost any where from $1,000 to $1,400 for a good one, the Govt. Carbine are quite expensive, up around $2,000 or more, especially if NIB.....

i hope i have helped you some.........
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top