Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 2:33:37 PM EDT
Get this...

sometimes when pulling back on the charging handle, the bolt/carrier gets "stuck" and won't retract.  

It seems to be related to the trigger--if I pull the trigger, this frees up the bolt and it retracts.  It has also occurred twice now when shooting.  

I have a RRA two stage trigger installed.  

Anyone else have this problem?  
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the instructions for setting/adjusting the trigger and do so, sounds like it's hanging on the disconnect.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#2]
There is no adjustment for the trigger.  The RRA triggers are two-stage, 4.5# pull, non-adjustable triggers (unlike a Jewell for example).  

But, maybe the disconnector is fubarred anyway.  I think I'll go back to the GI trigger.  

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the same trouble with my RR NM trigger.  With the normal take down pin it worked fine.  With the J-P tensioning pin it bound up like you are describing.  I called RR and they told me this:  "You see that very sharp tip on the hammer end, that needs to be stoned down until the hammer will not bind the carrier.  Stone it down with the hammer in the cocked position going parallel to the carrier and remove only .001 to .002" at a time and re try."  I removed .003 inch and it no longer bound.  However, when the carrier was back, there was no play in the trigger so it was still being bound a little.  I removed another .001 inch and now with the carrier locked back I can move the trigger (in the first stage) just a hair, so the carrier is no longer binding the trigger.  By removing that small amount from the top of the trigger you are not compromising engagement as the carrier is still moving the hammer back much farther than it needs to be moved to engage the sear or disconnect, but check as you go and stop as soon as you stop the binding.  Do not use a file as you will remove too much, only use a fine stone and it doesn't take more than a few passes.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top