Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 7:28:37 PM EDT
Anybody have any opinions on these? I was looking at a couple of differnet models ATN makes, and was impressed with them on first impression. The price is nice, too $160.

They also claim to be parallax free, have adjustable brighhtness and about 6 different reticles, the smallest 1 moa and the largest about 6 moa.

I am seriously considering one for my preban 11.5" carbine unless I hear I lot of negatives.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the look and the usefulness, but am very concerned about durability.  If it is just a target gun, no problem.  If it is a SHTF or 3-gun, or work gun, or plinker, I'd be concerned about breaking it.  The lense part should be better supported.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:13:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, but don't some other Red Dot makers user this method? I wonder what kind steel is used in to optic support and ring. Seems like I saw a similar design by a high dollar maker on an H&K UMP 45 in Matrix II.  I couldn't see who made it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:50:07 AM EDT
[#3]
They are junk--i purchased one and all types of problems with sighting(ghosts,blur etc)  if you wank a good red dot--superlight weight go for a hakko (cdnn has them for 175.) crisp, clear and stay on target, i have 3 of them on my various ar's     JIMBO

PS---HAKKO MAKES THE SCOPES FOR SPRINGFIELD ($600.+)   THEY ARE GOOD
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#4]
That's what I wanted to hear, first hand experience... Thanks JIMB055, I will check out the Hakko's
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:17:30 PM EDT
[#5]
It appears to be luck of the draw on the ATN. I have one paid less than $125 new for it (had a coupon). I love it. Its heavy duty, bright, no blur on mine.

I will say one thing it appears to be a little long, meaning I can't mount my irons behind it on my flattop to co-witness. I have a bushmaster flip up and a ARMS 40, neither fits behind it. However, if mount the ATN all the way back, my irons fit up front OK. It kinda sucks, but works.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It appears to be luck of the draw on the ATN. I have one paid less than $125 new for it (had a coupon). I love it. Its heavy duty, bright, no blur on mine.

I will say one thing it appears to be a little long, meaning I can't mount my irons behind it on my flattop to co-witness. I have a bushmaster flip up and a ARMS 40, neither fits behind it. However, if mount the ATN all the way back, my irons fit up front OK. It kinda sucks, but works.
View Quote

Damn, I had no idea that it was that big!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top