Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2003 4:17:08 AM EDT
I have received a Colt AR15A3 through a death in my family. It is marked "Restricted to Law Enforcement and Police." I am wondering if my having this rifle is in compliance with all ATF
rules and regulations.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:20:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, it's illegal for you to own.  You could keep the upper but you need to dump that lower.

Edited because I can't spel
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:21:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:45:35 AM EDT
[#3]
OK, another question.  If one were to inadvertantly purchase one of these, and has it after the AWB sunsets (hopefully), would it then be legal?  Or would it still be LEO?  Just curious.

Doc
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:30:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OK, another question.  If one were to inadvertantly purchase one of these, and has it after the AWB sunsets (hopefully), would it then be legal?  Or would it still be LEO?  Just curious.

Doc
View Quote

This opens a whole new can of worms and has been debated several times before.  As of right now my only suggestion would be DO NOT purchase one now...wait and see how the AWB plays out.  Better to be safe than sorry.

Edited to add:

jssjss341 - Don't panic.  My suggestion would be to remove the upper and set it aside for a future project.  You could even strip the lower and keep the parts too.  Then post it on the EE and sell it to an LEO and use the funds to buy a legitimate pre-ban lower.  Or sell it complete to an LEO.  You’re choice, just don’t hang onto it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks again. Your suggestions will be implemented.

Regards,

JSS
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top