Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2003 5:27:11 AM EDT
Just curious if any of you have used this, and what you think of it (quality, size, etc.).

Suppossedly, it's an A1 length stock for A2 rifles.  It looks interesting to me, but wanted to see any thoughts from satisfied (or dissatisfied) users.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:39:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one on my patrol rifle I use at work and it works great, very well built and a great product
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:40:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the C1 buttstock on two of my AR's and I think they are great.  Quality is excellent, the storage compartment is larger than the A2 buttstock and I like the 5/8 shorter length.  I highly recommend them to someone looking for something shorter than the A2.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:47:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Cavalry Arms is the best. Check with [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=165879]Adrenaline_Arms[/url]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Do the CavArms C1 and the standard A2 use the same buffer tube?  Is it an easy swap...just order the stock and swap them out?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, the C1 stock uses a standard buffer tube without the stock spacer on the end.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#6]
So are you saying that ALL A1 and A2 rifles use the same buffer tube, but all the A2s use a spacer that is just removed if you go back to the A1 length stock?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So are you saying that ALL A1 and A2 rifles use the same buffer tube, but all the A2s use a spacer that is just removed if you go back to the A1 length stock?
View Quote

Yep.

I have a C1 on my AR and it's great. Thanks Cav Arms and Adrenaline Arms!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Beggers can't be choosers, but I wish Cav Arms made the C1 stocks from the same material as my Bushmaster A2 stocks.  Other than that, the Cav Furniture is TOP quality.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I’ve got one, really like it, and am probably going to get another one.

It does have differences from a mil-spec A-1 stock, though.

The A-1 length buffer screw that comes with it is a hex screw, not a slotted one, and lacks the bleed hole.  It works, but I got a mil-spec A-1 screw for mine.  You could also use your existing A-2 screw by shortening it.

It does not have the foam insert of a mil-spec stock.  I’m not sure, but I suspect the foam is used by the military both to strengthen the stock and to reduce noise.

However, the absence of the foam results in a larger storage compartment, which is nice.

The butt plate that comes with it is a fairly flimsy affair.  It has a larger door leading into the storage compartment.

You can use your existing A-2 butt plate instead, which is what I’ve done.  However, it’s smaller door makes getting things out of the storage compartment a little tricky.

The slot for the sling swivel is much larger than on an A-2 stock and allows the sling swivel to be installed straight down, or to the right, or to the left.  I installed mine straight down.  However, since I sling up fairly tightly, the sling swivel has started to rotate sideways.

Incidentally the sling swivel and the mating screw are not supplied.  However, the ones off your A-2 stock will work.

None of the above is intended as a criticism.  Most of this is no doubt a result of the understandable need to keep the stock affordable.

Again, despite my above remarks, I really like the stock.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I think that the C1 is well built, but mine doesn't look so good.

I have a green C1 on my ArmaLite M15(T).  It has a 'seam' or 'groove', for lack of a better words that runs along both sides, just below the buffer tube.  I'm not sure if they all have this, but mine does.  It doesn't affect the function of the stock, but it looks kinda silly. Maybe I just got a bad one that slipped thru QC.

If you decide to get one, I strongly recommend Adrenaline Arms. He is a great guy.

Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a complete set of OD furniture on my carbine, and the only gripe I had with the stock was that the contour doesn't mate well with an A1 buttplate. A very few seconds with a dremel tool fixed that, however. The extra room for storage is a huge plus, and it seems to be more than sturdy enough.
The OD ergo grip needed a fair amount of widening for it to fit onto the lower, but once again, the dremel tool came through.
The C4 handguards, on the other hand, are perfect, just as they come.
Overall, the CAV Arms furniture is pretty good stuff; all the pieces are the same shade of OD, and the VERY small amount of "fitting" I had to do to get 'em all to fit onto the rifle was just another excuse to whip out the dremel. Would I buy another set? Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#16]
This thread up to this point covers everything I had to say about my black buttstock, and now I know about that line down both sides too.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow... sounds like a lot of you have this.  So, the buttplate is injection molded, correct?  I would not be replacing an A2 stock with this; this would be the first stock for my first build.  I see that Quantico Arms offers them with spring and buffer, so I imagine that would pretty much include everything I need in terms of a stock assembly.

By the way, any idea on how the color of a green Cav arms buttstock would match green Rock River Arms handguards?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top