Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2003 7:04:54 PM EDT
I was curious to know if any one has any info on what other countrys you can own ARs or other
semiauto firearms in. I know about Switzerland and have heard that Finland allows ownership of these type weapons. Any others?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Iraq [:D]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#2]
They are legal in Norway, and a few of them without gas systems are popping up in the UK. Semiautomatic centerfire rifles are illegal in the UK, hence the lack of a gas system.

There is a really decent Brit by the name of bbutter who posts here frequently. He had to go through a lot ot get his rifle, but he is certainly enjoying the hell out of it.

It warms my heart [:)]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Isreal?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:10:52 PM EDT
[#4]
You can have them here in Canada but you can't shoot them unless you are at a gun range.  Also mags can't hold more than five rounds :(

On the bright side any lenght barrel is ok as are flash hidders, bayonet mounts, and tele stocks.  40mm granade lanchers are ok to.

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#5]
dont know how legal they are but in Israel both sides got plenty of em' [img]http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/albums/album43/pales_5.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 12:31:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Just recently the Ar System guns of Oberland Arms have become legally available here. However we have to live with one bolt locking nut removed. Stupid laws- as everywhere...
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 1:39:17 AM EDT
[#7]
We have a growing community of AR15 fans here in Germany. It is legal to own and shoot them for sporters ( 5 rounds in mag, 16" barrels minimum) and hunters ( 2 rounds in mag , weapon not shorter than 60cm / 24").It is forbidden to use other mags and lasers or tactical lights. The Oberland Arms AR15 is quite popular and the receivers are made in Germany. The strict US export laws for firearms and parts made it nearly impossible to get AR´s from the US. So Oberland and Sabre Defence ( UK firm) are realy expensive and also the accessories. ( That´s why I sirf website´s of US dealers who are able and willing to sell their item to Germany. At the moment a local gunshmith and me are planning to legaly build our own series of AR15 and SPR at reasonable prices ( Oberland takes 3500 Euro = 4200$ for a SPR) and all tips you got would be helpfull. The best thing on Oberland Arms are the Lothar Walther barrels but they offer no adjustable trigger.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top