Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2003 10:06:22 AM EDT
I decided to get a Bushy Superlight. It took about 6 days to get....very quick.

The finish was ok, a couple nicks, scratches, machine marks..no big deal, I can live with it, reliability and accuracy is what is most important to me.

I shot 150 rounds today (first time out). I have to say it is very accurate, even more so than my RRA M4, and that does not have a chrome lined barrel......just goes to show that chrome lining doesn't affect accuracy, at least in my case.

So, as I was saying....very accurate, BUT IT IS SHOOTING 6 INCHES TO THE RIGHT!!!!!! WTF!!!!

I had this same B.S. problem with my other Bushy about a year ago!!! My other one was worse, I had the sight almost the whole way to the left. This one is 12 clicks to the left to print 1.5 inch groups at 50 yds.

I thought they fixed this problem! Now after just getting the damn thing, I guess I have to turn around and send it back!

I'm sure I'm not the only "lucky" one to have this situation.

Did Bushmaster fix this problem for you? What can I expect to hear from Bushmaster when I call them?

I appreciate any feedback.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#1]
If that's the case, then you should send it back to BM and require that they make it right.  I have two BM's and they're both great!

Before you send it back to BM, shoot if off a bench (if you haven't already) and also have someone else shoot it to make sure it's the rifle and you can tell BM this.  If it shoots the same way, send it back.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/faqnew/content_by_cat.asp?contentid=181&catid=100[/url]

Bushmaster has THE best customer service out there. Sent it back, they'll fix it for free.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely correct.. They fixed a trivial "Purple" problem on my upper with 0 problems. Super nice people. I ordered a new A2 pistol grip from them.. 2 days later my FP retaining pin broke. called them and said I wanted to add to my order but it had already shipped (the pistol grip). Four days later there is a padded envelope in the mail with a FP pin in it!! Free, and I didnt even ask for or order one! Nice People!!!   John
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/faqnew/content_by_cat.asp?contentid=181&catid=100[/url]

Bushmaster has THE best customer service out there. Sent it back, they'll fix it for free.
View Quote

Lockedon,
What pin are they talking about in that link you posted, where is it???

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I had this problem (and other problems) with my XM15. You shouldn't have any problems sending it back, and Bushmaster's turnaround time has historically been pretty fast.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Lockedon,
What pin are they talking about in that link you posted, where is it???

View Quote

The wording is kind of misleading, but they are talking about the little pin that protrudes from the top of the barrel extension.  It mates with a recess in the front of the receiver to index the barrel.  You can't see it with the rifle assembled.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Ah barrel indexing pin.They are softer steel and easy to shear off more than once....dont ask me how I know but they are[:D]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#8]
RRA is not as accurate as a BM that is 6" off??? HAHAHAHA
Should have gotten an RRA.

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think maybe he is talking about group sizes.  Excessive windage doesn't constitute poor accuracy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I despise Bushmaster for a number of reasons, but my disdain for them is centered on how they handled my broken rifle, not ncessarily because of the rifle itself.

Nobody is perfect, and everybody puts out a lemon once in a while. No company is immune from occasional QC issues, irregardless of whose name is on the receiver. My old RRA was s good rifle, just like my present Colts. They certainly aren't perfect though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry guys. My preference is showing [:I]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes, I had this problem (and other problems) with my XM15. You shouldn't have any problems sending it back, and Bushmaster's turnaround time has historically been pretty fast.
View Quote

CJan_NH, did you find out exactly what the problem was? I know some had mentioned "incorrect indexing". Just wondering if yours was the same issue? I also take it that yours was fixed?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Your absolutely correct sir!
He wouldnt have that problem because his RRA wouldn't have shipped untill January.

[:D]

Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry, but I cannot agree. The BEST customer service is a rifle that has been inspected and adjusted before it left the factory.  Bushy, and most of the other current AR makers, are letting you guys pay for the privilege of doing the final inspection on their products, and then reporting the results.  They're playing the odds that most of you either won't have a problem, or will fix it yourself.

It's a really sad commentary on the state of the AR world, that being willing to fix what shouldn't have been broke in the first place is called "good customer service".

Don't get me wrong. It's not just Bushmaster; and they at least will make the piece good without giving you a hard time. Some of the other guys won't. It's just that threads like this make me realize that I'm far better off building my own ARs, knowing I've done it right before I ever fire a round, and knowing that the parts I've put in are proper quality and won't fail in a couple of hundred rounds (and none have).

My first two ARs were Colt SP1s, back in the mid '70s. I still have one of them, and it's never broken anything, after countless thousands of rounds.  It needed a new extractor spring a few years back, and that's all I've ever replaced.  That's what I call "good customer service".
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I have always been diehard Bushmaster fan, but check out my recent experiences with their customer service...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=28&t=141252&w=searchPop[/url]

I'm with shamayim on this one...I'm building my next one from the bottom up.  I've been lucky as far as quality with my Bushy's, but I know several who haven't.  My current build is all Colt.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top