Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2003 6:14:23 AM EDT
I am going to gun show this weekend again.Saw Rock River lower for $109.00 and Bushmaster for $130.oo.They were at the gun show last weekend.Are they about the same?paying more for name?Iam bulding my new AR on budget,but want quality parts Thank you
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:21:22 AM EDT
[#1]
$130 for a Bushmaster lower is a fairly decent price.  However, I personally don't see enough difference to warrant the extra $20.  You could spend the money you save on the RRA to pick up a 30 round magazine.

That being said, if you feel you will ever sell the rifle you will build, the Bushmaster will more than likely bring a little more in resell value.

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:24:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I concur with everything giffmann said.  You may also want to look at the Eagle Arms lowers from places like Quantico Arms.  The only "issue" is having to pay the transfer fee and have a local FFL handle the transfer for you.  Sometimes it's just less hassle to pick one up at a show for just slightly more $.

You won't go wrong with the RRA lower though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:29:05 AM EDT
[#3]
The Bushmastser has better lettering.  Their finish is sometimes better.  The Bushmaster has the dry lube on the interior of the reciever.  Other than that, they are about the same.  RRA is an excellent value.

That is an good deal on the Bushmaster.  I never see them for less than $150 or so, while RRAs can be had for $90.  Personally, I'd spend the extra $20 for the BFI.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:39:57 AM EDT
[#4]
They are both made by the same sub-contractor, and as said above, the Bushmaster has the higher perceived value and higher re-sale value.  It's your choice but I think the majority would go with the BM.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They are both made by the same sub-contractor, and as said above, the Bushmaster has the higher perceived value and higher re-sale value.  It's your choice but I think the majority would go with the BM.
View Quote

You know, I keep reading that statement, and every time I do, I think; "the inside milling of RR and Bushie lowers is completely different.  Is that 'same contractor' using two different sets of milling specs for the two different brands?"

Can you explain please?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#6]
for the money go with the bushmaster......the rock river has a high shelf (the regular shooter will never know) but that means that a legal,all NFA rules apply.RDIAS will set a few thousand's high.......   .035 I think..I've used both and the rock river build up well and the finish matches almost all the kits out there..JMO
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#7]
The sub-contractor won't say if they use a different manufacturing process for the lowers however both BM and RRA lowers are there.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#8]
The sub-contractor won't say if they use a different manufacturing process for the lowers however both BM and RRA lowers are there.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I prefer the fit and finish of the RRA over the BM, but if you ever want to add a LL or Rdias, without having the shelf milled, then I'd go with the BM.
Im not bashing BM, as I own one, but still like the RRA better.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top