Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 4:21:48 PM EDT
I tried a search and didn't find anything.  Doeas anyone have experience with the new RRA Tactical Muzzle Brake?  How well does it reduce muzzle climb.  I like the looks of it and was thinking about it for my rifle.  By the way, it looks like it would leave a pretty nasty mark from a press check on a bad guy.  I've got a RRA M4 Entry with the pressed on flash hider.  I've looked at Kurt's Brakes also.  I've considered waiting until the ban expires, but I think a brake will benefit me more than a flash suppressor, as it will allow me to stay on target better for follow up shots.

Are there any other recommendations out there?  From what I've seen, the VA Comp is probably the most effective, but at almost $300 for the brake and installation, I think it's a little more than I want to spend.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about the RRA brake, but I shot a friend's AR with the BM Y comp this weekend (not the mini-Y comp) and it was the flatest shooting AR I've ever fired.  Yes - they're loud  as hell, but that doesn't bother me.  

Another plus is that BM will install it for free if you buy it from them.  I'm sending mine to BM!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]
From the lack of replies, it's probably pretty safe to assume that not many people have any experience with the brake.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to find out on my own.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:42:22 AM EDT
[#3]
E mail RRA with your question. They are very good about responding to customers
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#4]
i have the tactical brake and it works well but abit loud
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top