Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 2:14:42 PM EDT

Looking for feedback, folks.  I am not too convinced on the mounting system yet.  I wish the top rail was a bit longer so I could use ARMS #22 Medium Rings and not the #35 Track Mount, but it is still rock solid.  

Changing the scope is also an option.  For shit and jiggles, I mounted a Bushnell 3200 Elite 10X mil-dot scope in Leupold Meduim QD Rings. This configuration gave me a better cheeck weld, lightened the rifle a bit and gave it a less bulky feel and look.  Disadvantages were not enough eye relief (it was right at its max), the fixed power of the scope, the QD system (have to love the throw levers).  Maybe a TS30A2?  Wes?????

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Is your stock extended all the way out it, looks a lil short. If not try that.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
It needs a mag... [naughty]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a Leupold Vari-X III 2.5-8 x 36 on mine.  I love it.  It's 11 inches long and weighs in at 11 oz.  It's light and compact.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#4]
the stainless barrel isnt very 'tactical'
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe that ARMS sell the rail for the #50 that might also go back far enough for that set up you have.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's my Leupy...

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/071727.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#7]
ARMS sells a rail that will turn your Bi Level #50 into an unintturrupted top rail SIR. With that, you can get #22M rings and mount the scope with the rings as far apart as they will go. I dont know what the name of the rail is, but I know its not inexpensive. If you just email Wes at [url]www.mstn.biz[/url] and tell him you want the top rail extention for the #50 SIR, he will know what you mean.

Nice gun bt the way. Wait about a week and I will post new pics of my new SPR shorty. I am lovin it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:24:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Is your stock extended all the way out it, looks a lil short. If not try that.
View Quote

The stock was neutered to one position for post ban compliancy.  
It needs a mag...
View Quote

Ten round mags do not give it justice.  Just following th rules.
I've got a Leupold Vari-X III 2.5-8 x 36 on mine. I love it. It's 11 inches long and weighs in at 11 oz. It's light and compact.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip, definitely look in to that.
the stainless barrel isnt very 'tactical'
View Quote

Agreed, but I am concern about accuracy.  Nothing a little duacoat won't cure.
I believe that ARMS sell the rail for the #50 that might also go back far enough for that set up you have.
Good shootin, Jack
View Quote

I called ARMS and they do have a rail adapter for the #50, but this SIR is a #58.  That would be great if they did.
Here's my Leupy
View Quote

Thanks
ARMS sells a rail that will turn your Bi Level #50 into an unintturrupted top rail SIR. With that, you can get #22M rings and mount the scope with the rings as far apart as they will go. I dont know what the name of the rail is, but I know its not inexpensive. If you just email Wes at www.mstn.biz and tell him you want the top rail extention for the #50 SIR, he will know what you mean.
View Quote

Most did not notice that the SIR is a #58. and the barrel is 18" with a mid length gas system.  If I can't find a suitable optics/mounting platform (it's a toss up between better optics/lesser mounting platform and vise versa, I will put this barrel on my Knights setup.  Scope is looking a bit bulky in the picture.

Back to the drawing board with this one.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't see how you could shoot consistently with a scope that large and no cheek piece!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:56:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow, totally overlooked it was a #58 midlength! Oops. It looks like the scope is mounted at the correct height, or very close to the correct height to have a propper cheek weld.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't see how you could shoot consistently with a scope that large and no cheek piece!
View Quote

In my last post, I admittedly stated the scope looks a little bulky, but I am working on that.  The M1 3.5-10X40 has found a new home on my MK11 Mod 0 clone, just waiting on the tube (thanks sniperx!)  The purpose of this rifle will be to engage targets form 50 to 400 yards, so I will be looking for a mildot 3-9 power scope without parallax adjustment.  My options are limited.  Where's that TS30A2?

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#12]
If that stock Is nonfunctional why not the fulllength standard stock?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If that stock Is nonfunctional why not the fulllength standard stock?
View Quote

The battery tubes on the Mock Crane stock are air-tight, perfect place to keep my cigars.  I do get a better cheeck weld with it compared to a std. A2 or A1.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#14]
nice SIR!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Thank you SIR!

How was the Deer Hunt?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top