Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/10/2003 11:14:50 PM EDT
I'll start by asying high to everyone and expressing my jelousy of anyone not living in the communist state of NJ.
Now, my reason for bother, I have an AR that was given to me by my father that seems to be a bit on the differant side.  I don't know if it's worth anything but I do know it is Viet Nam era.  I"ll try to describe it since I can't post pics right now.  Ok from the front, it has a supressor about two inches long, a beonet lug, and no foward assist.  It has a standard stock (not a collapsable type) and I'm guessing about a 14" barrel.
Now I must appologize for my ignorance.  While I have always been a huge fan of the AR, this is the only one I own (not for long) and I don't know much about them.  I keep hearing (from probable novices) that this weapon is worth a little bit of change and that I should not mess with it.  I was thinking of modding it a little bit, but most of the people I talk to tell me to leave it and just buy a new one.  What do you guys think.  Is it a collectors item, or just a regular run of the mill AR that needs some fun adders?  The reason I am asking is because of the lack of forward assist.  Every one I see has it accept mine??
Thanx in advance and AWSEOME web site!!
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the serial number start with an SP?

Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:24:08 AM EDT
[#2]
It will help greatly if you will post the markings on the lower reciever. A physical description alone does not help a whole lot.

Also it would help if you can give us fairly exact measurements, for the barrel, flash suppressor. The serial number(with the last two or thre digits Xed out), woiuld also help.

Get back to us [:D]
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#3]
dont do any thing to it yet [nono]

until you find out exactly what u have [stick]
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok I'll get all the stuff you guys are asking for and get back to you.  It's in my brother's attick I'll go dig it out and let you know.
Thanx again
Bill
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ok I'll get all the stuff you guys are asking for and get back to you.  It's in my brother's attick I'll go dig it out and let you know.
Thanx again
Bill
View Quote

In the ATTICK!!!!! Good god man where's your head. My ole' lady will sleep in the attick before one of my guns do. Sorry just got emotional for a min.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the attic is a good place to HIDE it. Remember there are no Pre-Bans grandfathered in NJ.

If it is a pre-ban... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

(edited to add: sounds like a pre-ban with a flash hider and a bayo lug)

I have a buddy who had to keep all his pre-bans at a friends farm in PA.

Welcome to the board!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top