Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 7:51:20 PM EDT
Woohoo here it is:

The upper is a Cav-Arms 14.5" with a Smith Vortex perm. attached from Adrenaline Arms.
I bought almost all the components from the EE.
Thanks to everyone who helped me put it together:
Thanks
-Cory for the awesome service and upper.
-SMGlee for the EoTech 552

All I need now is a BUIS and Rail System. I plan to mount my Surefire M951P or su6" with vertical foregrip with the EoTech.

So what combination of the two would you choose?
1.ARMS #40a & #58 mod
2. Elusive GG&G FF rail & Chopped CH
3. RAS II and ?
4.Explain?
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a #40...keep it simple and lite.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
An ARms#40 would do it. I wouldn't go with the RAS II unless you were going to add more stuff.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 12:22:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking rig, glad you like the EOTech.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 12:24:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the way a SIR looks with a magpul stock.

Just gives it that bad-ass machine type look IMO.

Very nice rig.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Will that EOtech fit behind the hump in a RAS2 with an ARMS 40?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:04:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I would go with a SIR. #58 MOD would be cool. You could also go with a #50.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:46:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Get the 40 and a bi-level SIR (51?) so you can put the EOTech out front and keep it on the same axis as the irons.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 6:05:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Get the 40 and a bi-level SIR (51?) so you can put the EOTech out front and keep it on the same axis as the irons.
View Quote

That would be the #50. The 51 is for Carry handle receivers.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:26:01 AM EDT
[#9]
RAS II & Arms #40.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#10]
No bayo lug? I know the Cav/DPMS uppers were built for their post ban lowers. You obviously have a pre ban lower. I would have went with a 16" pre ban upper so I could have kept access to the barrel threads. I've seen three Smith Vortex flash hiders blossom and crack. I know Smith claims that this was due to bad heat treat on one batch but I don't believe them. They are great flash hiders and look cool but I would never permanently attach one.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No bayo lug? I know the Cav/DPMS uppers were built for their post ban lowers. You obviously have a pre ban lower. I would have went with a 16" pre ban upper so I could have kept access to the barrel threads. I've seen three Smith Vortex flash hiders blossom and crack. I know Smith claims that this was due to bad heat treat on one batch but I don't believe them. They are great flash hiders and look cool but I would never permanently attach one.
View Quote

I wanted to go the 14.5" route because I already have another 16" midlength setup.
I agree though, having access to the threads would be an added bounus.

I've also seen the pics of those "bloomed vortex" suppressors, and the one characteristic I saw they all had in common was that they were the older models with the groove at the end of the prongs. Not to mention there were quite a bit of poorly manufactured knock offs floating around too at fun shows.

But newer G5 (see below) and the newest G6 from Smith Ent. don't have these issues. I believe  Neil/new-arguy intially had one of the "bloomers" on his 14.5" setup, then it got replaced with the G5 and I don't think he has had a problem since.
[url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=69772&c=500&z=1"][img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/069772.jpg[/img][/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top