Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2003 1:33:58 PM EDT
I'm a litte consused on this, everybody I ask gives me a different answer. I would assume, the logical way is to measure would be, in battery from the bolt face forward to the end of the barrel.

But I also hear its from the end of the barrel extension forward, and another throat forward.

Does anybody have the correct answer?

I'm thinking of turning a 14.5" M5 barrel into a 16" by adding a A2 flash hider with a spacer to bring it over the 16"

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I would assume, the logical way is to measure would be, in battery from the bolt face forward to the end of the barrel.
View Quote

This is how BATF does it. [;)]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#2]
what he said ^^

btw, you've got to perm. attach what ever you put on the end to avoid the jbt's
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Why, barrels are measured from one end to the other of course! hahaha! j/k
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Hummm, interesting. that means that my 20" barrel actually measures around 23" from the bolt face to the end of the FS.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top