Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2003 9:00:24 AM EDT
Who makes the best single stage trigger? Since most people seem to believe that a rifle used to protect your life should have no adjustment screws I would like to keep the ideas to those types. I hear the J+P and alos the accuracy speaks are excellent triggers. Which one is best and why? Are their any others to consider? Thanks
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I've played with both, but I bought an AS trigger.

Simple to install, no set screws...really nothing to go wrong. I love it.

I plan on buying a few more for other rifles.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#2]
i got the jp  wickedly tunable.  Get the hammer and trigger set.  Use blue lock tight.    
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Although I have the JP and feel it is probably the better feeling trigger of the two, I promote the Accuracy Speaks for a "social" rifle. I had JP install my trigger and there is so much red loc-tite on the set screws I cant imagine them ever moving anywhere. But if I had the Accuracy Speaks, I wouldnt have to even try to imagine.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm using the JP, so far no problems. I bobb my hammers and use oversized pins. Only problem with Accuracy speaks is no overtravel control. Both are really good. What I've found is that the quality of the trigger pull has more to do with sear alignment. Once in while the holes won't be parellel and then getting a great trigger is a pain. Whatever you choose read Accuracy speaks book before you attempt the job, and buy any trigger. Very good investment.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "bobbed" hammer???
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#7]
After trying an AS trigger I ALMOST sold my KAC 2 stage trigger to swap out in my rifle.  I still have not decided if I will do that or not.  The overtravel is the only issue with the AS trigger and is a VERY small issue at that.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an AS and love it. There is one small issue that bugs me about it.  The hammer has no J pin to keep the trigger pin from walking out.  Thats why I installed KNS captive anit rotational pins (or whatever the hell they call them)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top