Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2003 11:49:39 AM EDT
Okay. Really dumb question.  On a flat-top receiver, the mounting rail can accomodate Weaver-style scope rings without any kind of adapter, correct?

Also, I've noticed that a lof of people have rear sights on their flat tops that are not part of the carry handle, but appear to work with the stock front sight post.  Can you tell me where to find these, and who generally has the best prices? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#1]
There are several back up iron sights for flat tops.  ARMS has one as does GG&G and Knights Armament.

Check with Wes at [url]www.mstn.biz[/url]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Okay. Really dumb question.  On a flat-top receiver, the mounting rail can accomodate Weaver-style scope rings without any kind of adapter, correct?
View Quote

Yes, it should accept weaver-styled scope rings w/o an adapter.

Continued...

Also, I've noticed that a lof of people have rear sights on their flat tops that are not part of the carry handle, but appear to work with the stock front sight post.  Can you tell me where to find these, and who generally has the best prices? Thanks.
View Quote

Make sure you look on the Equipment exchange and see if anyone is letting any optics go at a bargin price first.  Other than the companies mentioned, Bushmaster and DPMS makes/sells both flip up and stationary back up iron sights (B.U.I.S.).  Another choice is to cut down an existing detatchable carry handle.  Most of the guys I've seen on the board have the ARMS 40 back up sight.  Many have chosen to make there own BUIS by cutting down the carry handle as I've mentioned.  I personally have/like the Knights Armament 600 meter BUIS.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pab7b13a6ef29327c270b0dd1d6a53847/fc47901d.jpg[/img]

Here is my flip up on a DPMS lo-pro upper, it aligns with frontsite post perfectly, when i add my EOTECH, it all becomes CO-WITNESS, best of both worlds, optics with iron site backup.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top