Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2003 10:27:56 PM EDT
I seem to have run out of ideas on what to bolt on to my current project.
So far I've got:

Bushmaster Lower & Upper
Bushmaster 16" Free-floating FLUTED HBAR
A.R.M.S.  S.I.R. System #50
A.R.M.S.  #40 Rear Flip Up Sight
Trijicon Front and Rear Iron Sights
EoTech 552.A65 Rev. E
Surefire G2 Nitrolon With Z32 Shock Isolated Bezel
First Samco G27 Grip
Ace ARFX-E Stock

I'm STILL waiting for the Tango Down Vertical Foregrip to come out.

BUT WHAT IS NEXT?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Match trigger
And if it's a pre-ban, a Vortex Flash Hider
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 11:24:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you add anything else?!?!?!

How about more basics: ammo, mags or another complete rifle???  
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#3]
DIAS
Lightning Link
Suppressor
3 point sling
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 1:45:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Sling, vertical grip, Lewis machine and tool bolt and carrier group, match 2 stage trigger, flip up front site, laser, bayonet, night vision device, high capacity mags, ACOG. How about a new stripped upper and lower for a new project.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:24:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Not an "accessory" in the traditional sense, but are there any good carbine classes in your area? I'm very fortunate here in NH because I have both LFI and SigArms Academy nearby. The civilian defensive pistol tactics and CCW classes I've taken so far have been the best money I've ever spent.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:06:17 AM EDT
[#6]
CJan_NH has a good idea here.  I took a CQB class in April and it helped me better understand what I needed and what stuff to ditch that I THOUGHT I needed.  Also, if that rifle is intended to possibly defend yourself, you might want to give a lot of thought to which match trigger you use, if you even add one.  Some folks don't think the triggers with screws (like the Jewell trigger) are such a great idea for a defensive weapon.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 6:03:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Just a thought; but for the price of the Z32 shock-isolated bezel, you could have a second G2 flashlight with batteries as a handheld backup to the weapon mounted one.

I was looking at the Z32 myself and decided that since the G2 was holding up better than expected, I would just buy another G2 to have an immediate replacement in the event the weapon-mounted G2 failed.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Concur with recommendation on Vortex flash eliminator.  Get the Model G6A1 (optimised for a QD suppressor), regardless of whether your weapon is pre or postban.  Why?  When AWB susnsets, as is likely, these items will obviously be in relatively short supply until demand is met by post ban owners who can now sport this evil feature.  Keep in mind also, that more and more military and other USG organizations are buying these items, keeping them in sometimes short supply.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#9]
you might want to give a lot of thought to which match trigger you use, if you even add one.
View Quote

Agreed.

Read this and see why [url=http://64.177.53.248/ubb/Forum56/HTML/000497.html]AR15 deficiencies[/url]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I used to think I had everything I needed on my rifle, then found a great deal on a CQB Solutions 3-point sling (SOP model), so I bought it based on the good things I've read here.  Now I can't imagine how I got along without it.

Oh, and you can't have too much ammo or mags.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top