Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2003 3:56:12 PM EDT
I just bought a Colt Lower Receiver, with all the internals (less stock)

It is marked:
Match Target
Target H-Bar

The front and rear piviot pins are NORMAL size, but the front piviot pin is a screw (type of bolt - ala Colt)

There is no hole drilled in the front of the receiver (by the mag fence- I guess), to convert it to the standard pviot pin. (with retaining pin and spring).
Is this normal?
Are all Colts Like this??
please help

Is there a gunsmith who could drill the hole so it is like a "normal" lower receiver??

thanks again

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it's normal. There's some aftermarket replace front pins you can use if you want. Some Colts have an oversize front pin hole, most have the same size hole in both front & rear.

As for "drilling" your lower, I'd pass.

My .o2
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
New complete Colt rifles have a standard front pushpin. Are you absolutely sure it's a small pin lower?

If it isn't you can buy an pushpin adapter like this:

[img]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/Images/oak-01.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/lowers/oak-01.asp]Here[/url]

My two pins just arrived today for my blue label Colts. Do you own a caliper? The diameter of the adapter is .315". A small hole lower is .246".

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#3]
the front hole is definatly the .246

I have a pre ban Colt Govt Carbine AR15A2,
and that has the LARGE front pin (screw/bolt).

This is like a smaller version of the older style colt pin, except my old Colt did not have a magazine fence, and could never have a standard detent type pin (nothing to hold the detent spring and pin).
I do have a pin in the older Colt like the one in your picture. (basically a long pin with a spring loaded retaining ball on the end)
I guess I was just hoping to build this new rifle off a Colt lower, and the lower could be "normal" (I'll put up with the larger fire control pins).
I just thought the newest Colts had 'normal' take down pins??????

thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#4]
sorry,
i forgot to ask,
what is a "blue label Colt"???

I worked with AR type rifles for along time, but i have never been too familiar w/ colt.

With the stamping on the lower receiver,
does it mean anything in the "Colt World"
-20" H-Bar
H-Bar 16" Carbine or ??????????

thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]
My blue label Colts have large pin uppers, sear blocks and .170 FCG parts. You can find more info about the label differences and lower reciever nomenclature here: [url=http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/coltcolors.html]Biggerhammer FAQ[/url]

I'll look around and try to find a .246 adapter.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Go to the Industry section here and ask Kurt at KKF if he will handle drilling for the push pin conversion. I bet it will be no more than $25.00. I have three Match Target Match HBAR lowers that I have had drilled.

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#7]
You will find that some Colt lowers came off the machine gun line, according to a Colt rep I spoke with, therefore they are pre-drilled including the weep hole. I've seen them drilled and non-drilled, with the screw...
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Huge help,
thanks guys

i am in the middle of packing up a barrel for Kurt's, so maybe I will just throw in the lower also.

your help is greatly appreciated!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top