Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2003 8:26:05 PM EDT
I've been told now, that my wait will increase until mid November til shipment :(  I've been trying to take better pictures w/ my digital camera.  I thought it was pretty cool to actually get the AIMPOINT sight picture shot to come out like it did (water heater just happened to be "target of opportunity").  I will have to get some range pics soon.  BTW, I've got a ML2 w/2MOA dot.  And I still got to order my BUIS!  I guess I'll go w/ KNIGHTS front & rear flip ups ($$$ though!!!)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p48bd6f19218d174ead16e485f24b8d3d/fab46ef4.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p9693ef31fba9ac95e4660c0dfb7cf431/fab46e14.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p976e823c3586135a5b9f98d39020650b/fab46c82.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p2a7da84a2fdbcbf67b90362f75a80fe8/fab46ba5.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p174d6be2e7b9457bab4e6accec14c8c1/fab46a62.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/pd42a46302473e62b002dcfbb1a8c9215/fab46928.jpg
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Very different.  Looks kinda cool.

Few questions...

What made you go with the 2X Aimpoint instead of a 1X Aimpoint or 2X Compact ACOG?

Where are your rail panel covers?

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
DevL

Went w/ the 2X Aimpoint w/ small 2MOA dot, because I am shooting no more than 100-200 yards max, mostly w/in 100yds, just having fun.  The smaller dot seems more precise on smaller targets (squirrels).  I haven't handled any of the ACOGs, though I hear plenty good things about them.  I am curious though, how an EOTECH, or something similiar to it performs.  Still experimenting whether to go w/ panels or leave it w/out.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Very Nice Set Up! I'm beginning to lose faith in Tango Down...The word was September, then everyone was saying October 15th, So I e-mailed them, and they said AROUND Nov. 5th. And now you're saying Mid-Nov....
Hopefully they'll be out in time for Christmas 2073.
I really want once though...[:(]

I love my Eotech. Ultra-Fast Target Aquistion, and as far as accuracy goes: 1MOA - you can't beat that!

I find it works excelent with long range and specially at short indoor ranges.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Gentlemen,

We apologize for the commercial sales delay of our new BGV-MK46 vertical grip. I know everyone has been patient and we regretfully have had to push the release date twice. Everything we are manufacturing are going to the people who need it most right now, U.S Military Forces. We anticipated having enough for both markets, and were caught short. We are currently looking to keep our November 15th commercial shipping date. Thanks again for your patience and support of our products.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey M. Cahill
President
TangoDown LLC    
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gentlemen,

We apologize for the commercial sales delay of our new BGV-MK46 vertical grip. I know everyone has been patient and we regretfully have had to push the release date twice. Everything we are manufacturing are going to the people who need it most right now, U.S Military Forces. We anticipated having enough for both markets, and were caught short. We are currently looking to keep our November 15th commercial shipping date. Thanks again for your patience and support of our products.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey M. Cahill
President
TangoDown LLC    
View Quote

Roger that.  Is there a NSN for that BGV-MK46? Which [branch/unit(s)] supply system are these grips going to?  For example, say the CO / OIC, or even the supply Officer, gives the OK to order (for official use of course).  If there isn't a NSN, then could they be an open purchase (military unit) direct from TangoDown LLC?  I don't work in supply, but I've always wondered about these type of things.  I keep forgetting to just go down and ask them.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#6]
That rig is really sweet looking and I bet it is VERY accurate too.  I am not a big fan of the EOtech solely for battery life issues (already had a AA powered sight I had to swap rechargables in to keep running all the time as a trunk gun) and aesthetic reasons (reticle is a bunch of fuzzy dots)

I HIGHLY suggest you go to a major metropolitan gunshow or check the hometown forum to find someone whos Compact ACOG you can try.  It is VASTLY superior to the 2X Aimpoint.  Also no need for batteries although thats not much of an issue on the Aimpoint.  The ACOG has clearer optics, more precise reticle choices, a 2X or 3X option, and does not have that black ring/tunnel look when looking through the rear lens.

As to the grip, I understand you want the front grip to use for 3 gun match kinds of distances but how do you intend to shoot the thing off the bench or prone?  Also you WILL burn your hand if you shoot that thing enough with no panels on it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:30:04 AM EDT
[#7]
i ordered one last night for a new build. i dig the pistol grip and i spent too much money for this new build so i can wait a bit. i didn't need to batt capacity since the new build has the TD pistol grip and a vltor collaspable stock, but i wanted to try something new from the KAc vert grip. i believe it's worth the wait.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top