Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2003 2:30:10 PM EDT
What mods have/need to be done to a standard lower to shoot a .22LR upper (DPMS)?  Do the buffer/spring or anything else need to be modified?  Any comments on this upper as far as reliability and accuracy?  I think one would be a lot of fun for short-range plinking.  TM
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the rimfire section of this site. There is quite a bit of information there.  I have a Kuehl upper and have been astounded at how dirty it gets.  I've never had a .22LR before so it might be normal.  I am cleaning the thing constantly but maybe thats just me. I'm not bothered by it.  Nothing wrong with quality time spent learning one's weapon.
I have heard/read good things about the DPMS.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 3:58:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  I just put a 20" A2 together for my dad and built myself a lower-kit with ACE stock.  I was thinking about a 16" CAR upper and ran across a pretty good deal on the .22.......it would make the cost of AR-plinking a little easier to handle.  I didn't think about the rimfire section here.  Thanks again, TM
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#4]
if you wanna shoot .22LR then buy a .22LR rifle.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Check the rimfire section of this site. There is quite a bit of information there.  I have a Kuehl upper and have been astounded at how dirty it gets.  I've never had a .22LR before so it might be normal.
View Quote

.22s [i]are[/i] dirty.  My Ruger Mk.II takes twice as long to clean as my Glock.  The Mk.II is tougher to take apart, but that has little to do with it.  I've done it so many times that's a very small factor.

If DPMS would just make a .22 upper with a longer barrel, I'd go with that, but I'm currently considering a Kuehl.

A .22 upper will cost less that a comparable 10/22, and the AR should have better ergonomics.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top