Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2003 4:28:40 PM EDT
im looking at the serial # of one and cant tell if its one letter and 5 numbers or 2 letters and 4 numbers.  It begins with a C1 or CI configuration.  i looked at the serial # list bt cant get a definite answer.  What do the SGW I and 1 look like?  Are they hard to tell apart
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is 1 letter and 4 numbers and is Pre-Ban.

She is sweet too.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
If it has the stop sign symbol, it should be pre-ban.  Olympic Arms has started making some new lowers that have an SGW prefix.  These new ones are definetly post ban.

Link Posted: 10/11/2003 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Mine is 1 letter and 4 numbers and is Pre-Ban.
View Quote

DITTO and the letters go all of the way to "Z".
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe they quit stamping the stop sign logo on lowers in 1993, making all of them pre-ban (provided they left the factory or were assembled as an EVIL gun prior to Sept 94).

[url]http://www.oa2.org/old/history.html[/url]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#5]
The first non-stop sign lowers, in other words lowers using the now current rampant lion, were the LL series(LL= Leo the Lion for those of you keeping track). This series was started in December of 1992.

If you need details, call Oly, it's much faster and guaranteed correct.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top