Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2003 12:11:37 PM EDT
Yeeeehaaaaaaww! I didn't have to wait for my new M4 upper after all. After a week of not getting a hold of my dealer (I had traded in a Ruger Redhawk for the upper), he still hadn't ordered mine, but was willing to simply give me one of the "Entry Tactical" uppers off of a complete rifle minus the handle. It's chrome lined already.

This one has the turned-down barrel with the slip-over flash suppressor (non-functioning). It looks great, but doesn't do much else. Nice thing is, it doesn't add to the barrel length either. And if I ever get hard-up for a muzzle brake, I can have the barrel cut down, threaded and a muzzle brake installed. RIght now, it's not that big of a deal to me.

It shoots fine and has digested several different types of ammo. The recoil is really not much different from the A4 upper I have with Wilson brake.

Even though my lower is an RRA also, I found the new upper a very tight fit. After the trip to the range, the upper now fits like butta'.

I still don't have any great optics or accessories for it, but that's certainly in the future. ARMS#40 BUIS, EOTech, sling. I feel like my daughter wanting to play dress-up with her new Barbies.

Obviously, having a new upper will beget a new lower eventually. But that can wait for now. At least I've ascended from the "I-have-only-1-AR15-and-I'm-not-worthy' dregs.

One thing I would like is a decent sling. For now, I would like it to work with the A2 stock, but the upper that will eventually find its way into my safe will probably be wearing a CAR-type stock. Any suggestions for a good sling which will work with either stock? Do most CQB slings offer the carry options shown here: www.cqbsolutions.com/carryoptions.htm ?

Anyway, here's a couple of pictures with different headgear:

Bum deal: I crashed my motorcycle on the way to pick it up. Oh well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey nice M4!!! Where'd you get that upper with the dummy muzzle brake?
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought one of those uppers from Pete and it was the most reliable AR I owned.I really dig the fake brake.It looks much better than the a2 look alike brakes out there.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice, clean and simple.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks good man, I ordered a tactical entry m4 and am waiting for it to come in,,, anyway,,, i would suggest a giles sling if you go to a car stock,, they have one for a regular stock as well,,, although i have no exp with that one,,, i have a giles tactical sling on my bushy m4 and i love it.....
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey nice M4!!! Where'd you get that upper with the dummy muzzle brake?
View Quote

Most, if not all, of the rifles sold by the local guy at the gunshow have either the Wilson brake or the fake A2 birdcage suppressor. I believe he orders them from the factory set up that way. The Wilson brake is a $35 option - a heck of a deal if you ask me. He didn't charge me at all for the fake suppressor. If I remember correctly, the RRA Entry Tactical comes with that standard (that's what he said anyway).
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks good.  Nice photo composition, too.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
That is pretty much the EXACT AR-15 I want. Looks awesome!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks great! Just like the RRA Entry Tac I have just built(ALL RRA PARTS) except for my pinned telestock. I love mine as well and waited a LONNG time for the chrome lined bbl. upper to arrive. It shoots absolutely great. Not as accurate as my Bushy M4(but probably due to the Y-Comp). My 3rd M4 project WILL be another RRA.

Edited to add: the RRA standard chrome lined/non- chrome lined uppers all come with the faux flash suppressor with standard M4 bbl. The strange thing is that ALL the RRA M4 uppers with the Wilson Brake seem to come with M4 HEAVY Barrels.[>:/]
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice rifle, Zhukov. Sorry to here about the bike, are you ok?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 5:15:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I low-sided at 40-45mph, but all I have is a raspberry on my right leg. Thankfully, I wear full protective gear (pants tore where I got the abrasion). That, and full insurance on the bike will lessen the pain....
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 6:16:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I low-sided at 40-45mph, but all I have is a raspberry on my right leg. Thankfully, I wear full protective gear (pants tore where I got the abrasion). That, and full insurance on the bike will lessen the pain....
View Quote

Glad to hear you are alright. Have you picked out a new bike yet?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 7:09:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Glad to hear you are alright. Have you picked out a new bike yet?
View Quote

Cosmetic damage only, albeit about $3000 worth. I'll get her (2000 Kawasaki ZX-9R) fixed up, hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Just picked up a RRA M4 Tactical Entry myself.  Has the chrome lined barrel and I had the Wilson Brake put on it. It's  a dead ringer for the original and functional too. Shoots great. I like it much better than my standard Bushy.

Jay
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 3:58:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks great and the pictures are done VERY well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:28:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looks great and the pictures are done VERY well.
View Quote

Thank you. I have looked at a lot of pictures posted by others and have come to these conclusions when taking pictures of guns:
1) Do NOT use a flash. You will end up with poor contrast as there is some flashback from shiny parts, and the camera can't handle it. The same can be said about shooting in sunlight.
2) DO keep the background excessively simple and solid-colored. Our bedsheet draped over the patio table is what I used, much to the chagrin of my wife. Use a color which is not too light and not too dark - the camera will not give you good contrast between the subject and the background. Do NOT use a shiny/reflective background either.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top