Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2003 11:30:16 AM EDT
I never thought I'd have to do this but I have to sell a lot of my gun collection to pay for medical bills and I'm having a hard time deciding what to keep. Could you guys give me some of your opions. Which upper and optic would you keep?????
""
Top: Colt 14.5 with fantom flash and PRI flip sight,RAS, ARMS mount, and Aimpoint

Bottom: Rock River Arms 16" mid-length with SIR mid-length and Trijicon TA-31
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep the Colt M4 upper and the ACOG.

IMHO

M-Forgery
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd keep the colt upper and the ACOG.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Very VERY tough choice. Before I throw my choice in, which one is the most accurate and reliable?
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Very VERY tough choice. Before I throw my choice in, which one is the most accurate and reliable?
View Quote

They both have less than 500rds fired. Never a hicup from either. Of coarse the acog is more accurate past 100yds. I shoot indoor 25yds and outdoors out to 500yds.It is tough
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Keep the M4 and ACOG.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess I'd keep the SIR gun, and hold on to the Aimpoint if possible. That way you could use either the Aimpoint or ACOG, depending on the need at the moment.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Top: Colt 14.5 with fantom flash and PRI flip sight,RAS, ARMS mount, and Aimpoint [red]with TA31 ready to be mounted[/red]
View Quote

[:D]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Keep Colt upper and ACOG.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:04:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd keep the Rock River, and take the aimpoint off the colt. Sell the colt, and you'll get an easy grand from it. I've always been a huge fan of the mid-length SIR.
Good luck though with whatever your choice may be.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Mike,
first of all I'm sorry to hear that you must sell 'any' of your guns.

Now, since you must sell for me the decision would be easy.  Sell the Colt as it will bring more money and keep the RRA as it shoots just as well.  Sell the Colt with as few accessories as possible and then sell what accessories you must separately.

Tom
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Umm i just noticed a third hole on the bottom rifle.

M-16?  DONT SELL THE M-16 MAN!

-Spaceman

Link Posted: 9/25/2003 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#12]

OHhhh i just noticed you were only selling the UPPER... my mistake.

I would keep the Midlength SIR and the ACOG.

Nice hardware man, i wish i could afford half of what you have there.

Good luck with your medical bills.

-Spaceman

Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Tough one. I'd keep the Colt upper and the Aimpoint, only because I like that configuration. The ACOG will bring more money, enough to offset the fact that the other upper is "only" a Rock River. I wouldn't want to have to make the choice, however.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Strip the upper (whichever one you choose), and bring it back to it's original configuration.  Sell it by itself and the parts seperately.  You'll get the most money that way.

Which upper?  Is the lower a Colt?  If so, I'd keep the Colt, just because I'm not into "Franken AR's."  The Aimpoint would probably sell faster, just for the fact that it's cheaper than the ACOG, but of course the ACOG would net you more cash.  Tough call there.  I'd keep the ACOG because tha Aimpoint will be cheaper to replace later on.

Sell the KAC Carry handle and keep the Dieters(sp) because also it will be cheaper to replace the KAC Vert grip

The RRA upper will definiyely be able to bring back to origional spec because of the pront sight.  I think the RAS with the ARMS Super extended looks cleaner than the SIR, but the Military version will be a B____ to replace with origional handguards (especially if you cut off the delta ring with a dremel.

The VTlor Stocks are nice.  I haven't tried a Magpul one yet, so I don't know which way to go there.

Man, this is tearing me apart just thinking about it. It must be driving you mad.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Colt Upper and the ACOG.  The other stuff would be easier to acquire again, and less expensive.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 2:43:11 AM EDT
[#16]
keep your guns and sell your car.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 4:06:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Keep your guns and make monthly payments. A little a month is better than selling off tools.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 4:10:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Keep your guns and make monthly payments. A little a month is better than selling off tools.
View Quote

Seriously, as long as you pay them something they cant turn you over to a collections agency.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:04:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Because you need money to pay bills and because the Colt would bring more I'd sell the Colt.  That mid-length RRA looks cooler too, I'd hang onto it.  Talk to ya' later.  TN.Frank
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:54:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Nice ARs!!

Two questions, please:

a) Which ARMS mount is on the Colt?

b) Which M33-style handguard has the rail at the same height as the receiver so the ARMS mount can be clamped front and rear?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:46:21 AM EDT
[#21]
I agree with CavVet and Lumpy.  Negotiate with the doctors and hospitals.  Many times, if you can demonstrate a financial need, they will cut upwards of 50% or 75% off of your bills.  Then, you can arrange low monthly payments.  When you can, however, you should make larger payments than negotiated.

I've had more than 1 medical bill completely forgiven when I've been out of work or when I was a poor broke student in the past.  

GOOD LUCK!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:08:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Another vote for setting up a payment plan with the health care provider. They will do it for you and you won't have to give up your personnal belongings.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#23]
i just paid off a medical bill from a few years ago when i didnt have ins. and gave myself pneumonia.  i gave them 10-20 a month until it was paid.  never any collections or penalties.

i sold all of my guns when i moved from NY to VA and i soon after vowed to NEVER sell another gun, its just not worth it.

i hope you work everything out man.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
[b]Two questions, please:

b) Which M33-style handguard has the rail at the same height as the receiver so the ARMS mount can be clamped front and rear?
[/b]
View Quote

Anybody?
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[b]Two questions, please:

[/b]
View Quote

Anybody?
View Quote

ARMS #38-EX-Mod or #38-EX-Mod-L or sumthin...
MSTN had them but sold out and dosen't expect ARMS to make any more. [:(]

There were two version.. one like that, and one w/a PEQ-2A mount..  maybe MSTN is only sold out of one style??  or maybe wes is only expecting one style to be discontinued?? or maybe no more of either???  i don't remember exactly.. wait.. heres a link to the EE about them [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=148958&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 3:19:03 AM EDT
[#26]
I agree with the others.  You will regret selling your ar's later on down the road.  Get a payment plan set up.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top