Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 4:26:19 PM EDT
I just purchased a Colt Match Target, Match Hbar for 600.00  Now my question is what model is it ? The lower has a sear block installed in it. Was there a particular year when they stopped doing this ? Ser number prefix is PMH0015XX. The upper has COLT 223 stamped in big letters also on opposite side of ejection port.

Thanks
Cliff
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/ar15serial.html[/url]

Hope this helps.

MM419
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a thread about this a few months back and it was determined that a prefix of PMH was indeed post-ban no matter what the serial number is.  I think your best bet would be to call Colt tomorrow and try and confirm this.  Please let us know what you find out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, still not having any luck on the web, Also dont wish to spend 100.00 for colt to tell me it is a postban. I will leave it as is.

Thanks
Cliff
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:14:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Dates of manufacture only costs $25.00.
[url]http://www.colt.com/CMCI/archive_prices.asp[/url]
Near the bottom of the page.

Quoted:
Thanks guys, still not having any luck on the web, Also dont wish to spend 100.00 for colt to tell me it is a postban. I will leave it as is.

Thanks
Cliff
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:36:16 AM EDT
[#5]
NO..! NO...! NO....!!!!!

it does not cost one cent to get verification of a Colt S/N, i do it all the time when in doubt...

that $100 is for a complete history of a particular gun, mostly for the collectible handguns, an AR-15 ain't gonna have much history.....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top