Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2003 7:45:27 PM EDT
looking for thoughts on this gun, haven't seen to many conversations about the FN with krieger barrel.

www.fulton-armory.com/

towards the bottom

Fulton ARmory GEN II Predator II FAR-15
Varmint/Perimeter Rifle

Not sure how to load a picture

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.fulton-armory.com/PredatorII-500_50.jpg[/img]

I was looking at their 24" 1:12 Predator II upper for my next project, but I have not read many reviews on their products. I am definitely interested in hearing about some experience with FArmory rifles.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#2]

I have this one:

[img]http://www.fulton-armory.com/GuardianA1Dressed-450_50.jpg[/img]

And absolutely love it. It was my first AR and bought it at the beginning of the year.

16" Non chrome lined Mil Spec chamber. It eats ANY ammo i run through it. It eats up WOLF like its candy. Great fit and finish.

I also put an Ace skeleton stock on it and my Girlfriend (5'2") has since claimed it as her rifle now.

Sharp looking rifle. Great service from them also.

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
How is everyone posting the picture?  I guess I am a little slow :)
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#4]

The pictures are hosted at the fulton site. right click on the picture and you will see under the "properties" all the data pertaining to that picture. "save or copy" that link.

Come back here into your message and post that link BUT you will use the "Board Code" at the top left of your screen to modify the link to point to the address so your picture shows up.

The "Board Code", says that you will use this to make an image appear "[img ] address blah blah [/img ]" and voilla.

Click on "board code" and read through some of the examples.

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
[img]http://fulton-armory.com/PredatorLeadPicture-600_50.jpg[/img]

Gotcha, thanks.  Now if deciding if I want this gun would be that easy. :)
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked up a Predator upper with a 1:9 Krieger barrel just about a year ago and plunked it on a Bushie lower with a Jewell trigger.  Got a GGG rail and some ARMS 22 rings for the top holding a Leupold 6.5-20x50 with target dot reticle.

Found it really likes Black Hills 68gr Match HPBT.  When I do my part it makes ragged holes at 200 yds and is a zip to clean with nearly no copper fouling.  When I first got the upper it came with a backwards bolt (!), ie a bolt that had been incorrectly peened so that it could be installed backwards.  This was quickly swapped out by the folks at Fulton and has never had a FTF or FTE since.

If I could change anything it might be to replace the Badger Ordnance float tube with something less...formidible.  There's a lot of front heavy on this upper that only a block of lead in the stock can help even out.  All and all though I wouldn't swap it for most of the other precision (varmint) uppers I've run across.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#7]
excuse my lack of knowledge on this, but what is prefferred, or what is the difference with the 1x9 twist or the 1x13 twist that the krieger barrel has?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:04:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Have you read this yet?

[url]http://www.ammo-oracle.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:58:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I purchased one of their carbines and later added a 20" Phantom flattop upper. Both units were flawless. I am impressed and will do business with Fulton again. Good luck...
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm looking at 100-200 yard shots, so I guess the krieger 1x12 twist with a 50 gr. or so should do a decent job?  
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#11]

It's all relative.

Like I said, I have their classic AR-15, M4 style 6" barrel and regualarly make 250M shots with open sites, 55grn. But with the 1 x 9 twist i can run the 62s or 68's also.

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I just bought that gun this year at Camp Perry they had an awesome deal and got to watch the gunsmith hand assemble it. Mine shoots .5" at 100 yards that is with the 1x8 twist F/A NM Bbl. Dont hesitate to buy one you'll love it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I am definetely buying one, just still tossing around which barrell to get.  I want to get the best I can from the beginning.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#14]
When I rebarrel mine I will be going for a 1:8 twist Krieger.  Lets me shoot heavier loads for longer ranges.  Light .223 varmint rounds seem hard to correct for wind at much beyond 200 yds.  

I generally use a .17HMR for that region.  I'm looking at using .223 between 200-450 yds against p-dogs and heavier rounds are more appealing.  If that's the case I may as well go for the 1:8 twist to shoot the 70+ grain target loads, too.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top