Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2003 5:43:35 AM EDT
Ok now that I've got my pre-ban Colt AR who makes the best collapsible stock and what can I expect to pay for one?  I'm sure this has been done before so my appologies in advance.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:49:29 AM EDT
[#1]
You might look into the Vltor and the Magpul stocks.Both are much more superior than standard collapsible stocks.There's a couple threads on them right now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:15:29 AM EDT
[#2]
RRA 6-pos from Steve @ ADCO Firearms($67)
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#3]
i could recomend several avail from[url=www.brownells.com]Brownells[/url]

here are some direct links
[url=http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=1603&s=5983#5983]TONY'S CUSTOM UPPERS[/url]

[url=http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=9944&s=25939#25939]Mfr: ROCK RIVER ARMS[/url]

[url=http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=1441&s=41714#41714]Mfr: AMERICAN SPIRIT ARMS[/url]

hope this helps
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Cavalry Arms is the best! Available from [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=167701]Adrenaline_Arms[/url] on the EE!
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You might look into the Vltor and the Magpul stocks.Both are much more superior than standard collapsible stocks...
View Quote

Word.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the looks of the ones from Brownells the best but what would be better, aluminum or synthetic?  What does the military use?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an A1 length Vltor, it's the shizznit! [:D]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like the looks of the ones from Brownells the best but what would be better, aluminum or synthetic?  What does the military use?
View Quote

back in the day, the original's were alum. but now all current mil M4's us the synthetic. the synthetic it lighter and prob just as durable as the alum. I carried one for a few years in the army and never had a problem with them
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have an A1 length Vltor, it's the shizznit! [:D]
View Quote

Where's a Moderator when you need them....Wolfcub using the word "Shizznit" HAS to be a code violation.......[ROFL2]UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Aluminum rattles.  It is the absolute worst stock design.  Nice to see you asked what the best stock was and ignored the best stocks (VLTOR and Magpul) and went right into considering the worst collapsing stock made. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Get the plastic one.  Aluminum will set off metal detectors.

[whacko]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:16:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Get the plastic one.  Aluminum will set off metal detectors.
View Quote

and the alum on the rest of the gun wont. not to mention the steel bolt and barrel[:D]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:19:29 AM EDT
[#13]
WHOAAAAAAAA...!! hold on there a minute !!!!!!!!

just in case you folks don't know this, the owner of "ESSENTIAL ARMS" is still in business & he makes most of the "slider" stocks the major mfgrs. use on their guns, he makes the "original" plastic coated stock that Colt once used.., but only when he gets an order that makes it profitable to produce , he also makes fixed stocks & handguards..., i talked to the owner a few months ago about getting just the slider portion, as mine is dinged up around the sling slot, he does about 50 of these once a year.....

i found his add in SGN several months ago, it was just a small 4 or 5 liner, haven't seen it since, i'll have to dig out my old phone bills to find his phone #..., he did have some good prices......!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top