Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2003 5:52:11 AM EDT
I need an optics riser for my flattop 20HBAR and I'm considering an ARMS 38, since this will give me BUIS also.What I'm wondering is this...will my ocular clear the #40 sight in the rear or not?  I've seen posts that state that the 40 is too high to sit under a scope, but I'm thinking they were probably mounting the scope to the flattop itself.  I would go with a 36 and a Knights or Mad BUIS but the 36 and the GGG rails both cover the dovetails behind the riser.  Thanks all.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#1]
that will depend on what scope you are using and what rings you are using.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#2]
In the folded down position, the highest point on the BUIS rises about 1/2 inch above the top of the #38's pic rail.  You'll have to do the figuring yourself regarding where the scope will set in relation to the BUIS, size of the occular and height of rings used.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top