Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2003 5:39:32 PM EDT
I was in a gunshop today to pick up  a Bushy lower and watch a guy pay $2000 for a new looking SP1. It appeared to be new ( never fired ) with the box and paper plug still in the barrel. Damn!!!!!. My dad bought a SP1 in the mid 70's for about $350-$400.WoW. This guy would have bought it for $2500 .No DOUT. It went like this. "Whats that? A SP1.It's brand new never been fired. Still has the box and papers.How much? $2000 firm. Can't come down alittle? No. I'll take it. Paid Cash for it. .....WoW.     WD
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Way too much money!
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
No it's not. That was the absolute cash value of the gun, at that place and that time, to that buyer. The buyer sets the real price by choosing to purchase... not the seller.

Wall St. anyone?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 2:14:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No it's not. That was the absolute cash value of the gun, at that place and that time, to that buyer. The buyer sets the real price by choosing to purchase... not the seller.

Wall St. anyone?
View Quote

Yeah, but ut's those fools with more money than good sense who make life tough for the rest of us---at gun shops and on Wall Street [;D]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I paid $1700 for mine but got the Colt scope with it. Thats about going price for an SP1 around here. Cause I was at a gunshow right before I put money on it and they were $1400-$1600 without the Colt scope. And while my SP1 was on layaway I saw several in other gunstore about the same condition (shooter) for $1500.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:32:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Never underestimate the value of time.  He paid a premium in dollars, but he got a discount in time spent running around trying to find a bargain.  Maybe he works 80 hours a week and has a family and can only string together four consecutive hours of free time -- if you had it, would you rather spend $2000 for a rifle you can shoot now, or $1500 for a rifle you won't see again until December?

jafager
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:34:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I understand the value of time.  You make a valid point.  What I don't understand is why he would buy that over a New Armalite or bushmaster at half the cost.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:43:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree. Just can't see paying that much for an SP1.

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:35:12 AM EDT
[#8]
paid $600 for mine last year
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top