Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2003 3:49:07 AM EDT
In the expectation that the Ban will sunset, what AR's are easiest to convert to Pre-ban Configuration (Factory Guns)?

Easy enough to swap out the buttstock for a collapsable version.

However, is anyone's Muzzle Device easily (drilling/cutting the device off, without damaging the threads--OR, by removing the silver Soldier without heat damaging the barrel)?

How easy to swap out a Front sight/gas block for one with a Bayo lug?  (Not a major concern--in all my pre ban rifles, I have NEVER mounted a bayonette, and like a good fixed or folder blade knife rather than spend the money on a bayo.).

I may buy an AR or two in the next year, and hate to spend the money and turn around later and have to buy a whole new upper just to wind up with the configuration I like.  

Thanks,

AFARR
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:14:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately the AWB will be replace by a
more draconian measure.

Just watch.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Much easier to pop out the two pins and install a new front sight than it is to remove a faker front end.  Easy enough for someone with the right tools, but the front sight assembly is a do at home simple simon deal.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Pop out the 2 pivot pins and replace the whole upper.
GG
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#4]
To CHAS_MARTEL thank god not every one thinks as you do.From the sound of it you have already given up,If we are going to think defeat we might as well hang it up now,Have a little faith and stand up and be counted,its the only way we will beat this infringment on our rights,Im so tired of hearing the negative on this site,Start acting like an AMERICAN!!!!be an optimist instead of a pesimist,the sky hasnt fallen yet...JUST WATCH.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Thinking positive won't do anything. I'm know we're going to lose, but I write anyway. You ought to be writing to your elected representatives about guns in general already.

Whether you believe it or not, just do something.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a strong feeling that major companies will develop post-ban-barrel flash-hiders. This way you don't have to have your muzzle threaded, you'd install them like post-ban muzzle break.
my .02
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe it is because I have a few of each I do not plan to change much on on my post ban AR's if the ban sunsets
Great it it does sunset but I am not going to hold my breath on it NOTHING MUCH IN LAW GETS BETTER for us except the CCW
BigMike
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#8]
In the famous words of M.J. King
[B]I HAVE A DREAM, THAT ONE DAY EVERY LAW ABIDING CITIZEN WILL BE ABLE TO OWN A FULL BLOWN ASSUALT RIFLE..[/B] Or something like that lololo
Persoanlly I have a dream about MerEdIth Salanger !
[IMG]http://publish.hometown.aol.com/ar15oneshot/images/ameredithsigned1.jpg[/IMG]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top