Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2003 9:52:09 PM EDT
Hey what do you guys think about the B.M.A.S. Front Flip Sight?
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/bmas/yhm-9360k.asp

What are the DOWNSIDES to this thing??

I want to mount an eotech without having to use a raiser (i.e. swan-sleeve) NOR have the front sight blocking my view (nor co-witnessing, just a clear view). I'll be able to do this right?
I just want to know if there are any downsides to this flip up sight. I.E. are they less durable??? etc
I'm not concerend about installation issues.
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one on my V-match 16" and don't see any real problems with it.  There is a slight amount of play while in the up position, but it has not affected my accuracy that I can see.  The bottom drilled and tapped for their BMAS sling stud, if you want to use it.  As far as the EOTech sight goes, I can't help you on that one.  I believe that the height is the same as a fixed front sight, but don't quote me on that.
I hope this helps a little.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 1:54:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I did the same thing you're thinking, Lockedon. I had an Eotech behind a standard front sight, figured I'd like a folding front better, so I shaved mine down to accept that particular sight. I quickly got rid of it, as it's apparent lack of durability REALLY turned me off, plus I found that I liked the Eotech better when it was behind a standard sight tower. In actual use, you don't even really notice the front sight.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I want to mount an eotech without having to use a raiser (i.e. swan-sleeve) NOR have the front sight blocking my view (nor co-witnessing, just a clear view). I'll be able to do this right?
[i]I just want to know if there are any downsides to this flip up sight. I.E. are they less durable??? etc[/i]
I'm not concerend about installation issues.
[b]Thanks in advance[/b]
View Quote

Yes, it works great.  I have the same setup.  The front sight is a little less durable than the standard sight post but as I consider it a backup sight system I feel it doesn't need to be.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got one posted for sale in the Sights & Optics section of the Equipment Exchange, new and never mounted, for $70.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top