Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2003 12:55:52 AM EDT
I know that the one piece gas rings are made by McFarland, but for the life of me I can't find the actual manufacturer anywhere.

ANybody have a direct email or phone line to the McFarland company?

All I seem to find is dealers, and that dosn't help me at all.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:44:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe McFarland was the name of the designer and that Armalite owns the manufacturing rights for this little gadget.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:00:01 AM EDT
[#2]
McFarland rings are a solution looking for a problem.

I have a NIW set in the basement I'll sell you, if you really think you need them

(they came with my 2002 LEGP)
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I switch my gas rings wholesale from the standard three piece affair to the McFarland gas ring and never looked back.  no problems and never have to worry about lining up the little gaps after I clean the gun.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I installed a McFarland gas ring on my Bushmaster shorty and had mucho short cycle problems. I think the ring imposed too much friction on the carrier. Removed it, no more problems. I've had one on my HBAR for years and have had no problems with it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I switch my gas rings wholesale from the standard three piece affair to the McFarland gas ring and never looked back.  no problems and never have to worry about lining up the little gaps after I clean the gun.
View Quote

But I've had NO problems with standard rings, and I don't worry about lining them up when cleaning either.

And, I've heard about binding problems with the McFarlands.

FWIW.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Olympic also makes one similar.

[url]www.triplebreakproducts.com[/url]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys for all the input, I do appreciate it.

For what its worth, the reason I am looking for the actual manufacturer is because I don't want a gas ring for my rifle, but I want a similar item, just smaller made for somthing else.

Once again, I appreciate the feedback.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

But I've had NO problems with standard rings, and I don't worry about lining them up when cleaning either.

And, I've heard about binding problems with the McFarlands.

FWIW.
View Quote

Very true, don't fix it if ain't broken. I am with you on that.  

I have nmot expereince with any binding problems.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I installed a McFarland gas ring on my Bushmaster shorty and had mucho short cycle problems. I think the ring imposed too much friction on the carrier. Removed it, no more problems. it.
View Quote

I had the exact same experience.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top