Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 1:09:39 PM EDT
Does anyone have any solid information on any caliber availability like the .223 WSSM or .223 AI or something else? Not .308 - I have an AR-10 already.

I am looking for a bit more punch for a varmint gun.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#1]
What about Alexander Arms' .21 GENGHIS?  5.45mm x 39mm cartridge.  Don't know how accurate it is.  

The downside: these can only be had second hand or NEW through an FFL holder...

The upside:  CHEAP AMMO!  Specifically made for the lacquered steel cartridges!

Around $650 from a dealer...

[url]http://www.alexanderarms.com/genghis.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
[url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=154649]Tromix[/url] AR calibers...
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Talk with Kurt over in the Industry Section.  he can set you up with a 6x45mm.  A bit more 'punch' for varmint shooting.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Talk to Tony at Tormix he could help you out and Kirk has some really good ideas also.

I have a DPMS stripped upper the one with the side cocking handle. I am waiting to see what to build onto that. I am told you use a L1A1 bolt and carrier. I want to build A bench rest with it. Most likely a 6mm I guess. ANy ideas.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a DPMS stripped upper the one with the side cocking handle. I am waiting to see what to build onto that. I am told you use a L1A1 bolt and carrier.
View Quote

You were told wrong.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Talk to Tony at Tormix he could help you out and Kirk has some really good ideas also.

I have a DPMS stripped upper the one with the side cocking handle. I am waiting to see what to build onto that. I am told you use a L1A1 bolt and carrier. I want to build A bench rest with it. Most likely a 6mm I guess. ANy ideas.
View Quote

Actually, you only use the L1a1 charging handle, with a slight modification to an AR carrier. [;)]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top