Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2003 11:44:55 AM EDT
Just got to shoot my XM-15 with a-3 upper alittle while ago went thru 70 rounds of UMC without a hitch. Any body else have any experence with the Bushmasters? Or comments on the Bushmaster let me know. The last time I had any experence with the AR line was with a M-16A1 in the late 70's and early 80's. This one seems to be a whole lot better I know it is heavyer than the old M-16.The sites are a whole lot better. Also since it is a flat top what kind of optics works best with the AR line?
Thanks Dennis
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of guys on here have experience with Bushmaster AR15s. I am one of them. Bushmaster is a very good AR, good choice. As far as optics go, there are about a million different choices. If you want a non-magnified optic, the two most common choices are the Aimpoint and the EOTech. They are both really fast to use and parallax-free. For a magnified optic, if you want low magnification, you should probably go with a Trijicon ACOG. As far as an actual "scope", I don't know much about them.

My recommendation: an Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought a Bushmaster A2 shorty with heavy barrel last week, so far couldn`t be happier. The finish and fit between upper and lower receiver couldn`t be better. Only ran 30 rounds through it so far not one problem! I used to own a Colt and sold it. I made the right choice going with Bushmaster and I`m sure you did too!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the club, Im one of those old bushy A2 shorty owners, has proved to be one fine shooting  and well made AR15.
I also recall the M16 A1's from the 70's, they did seem lighter. [:D]
I like the A2 sight better as well, happy shooting.
Oh, lot of scope choices, like the above reply mention, I like iron sights, but also have a Millett scope, also a Millett red dot sight.
Quality optics, at a affordable price.
So far 1060rd through it, no problems, excellent accuracy.

TG
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Bushmaster 20" A3.  

It's a very reliable and accurate rifle.  

I am very happy with this rifle.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Bushmaster makes AWESOME rifles.

However i could never express in words how incredible their Customer serivce is! Trust me, they have THE best customer service other there!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey TXGunman were are you located I am just south of Byran College Station.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bushmaster makes AWESOME rifles.

However i could never express in words how incredible their Customer serivce is! Trust me, they have THE best customer service other there!
View Quote

Yeah, EladEflow from AR15.com here called Bushmaster to ask about getting some small parts for his rear sight assembly (on his Eagle Arms rifle, which he told them it was this brand) and they just sent it to him, free of charge.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey TXGunman were are you located I am just south of Byran College Station.
View Quote

Little town called Kerrville aka Texas Hill Country. [:)]

TG
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a preban bushmaster thats 11 years old 15000 rounds and all is well although the last 6000 rounds are on a new barrel,the only parts changed were the bolt,its smooth and works flawless,it started life as a full size rifle and now its a carbine.I also have a post ban M4 also a bushmaster 5000 rounds and no problems,I did add xpower extractor springs and chrome plated steel extractors from les baer,I shoot a lot of wolf so I figured with chrome the extractors wont wear as fast.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Know where it is was just there in June. Went to the Gibsons store and browsed the firearms section and was impressed with it. Been hunting out around Boerne a few times. My brother In law folks live there don't know where exactly though. I live in a real small town of Anderson it is so small it's not INC. So Kerrville seems large to me. Also my week end job at a local ranch the owners are taking care of some eastate out there, May be I can make a run out there for the owners some week end and meet up with you never know! Gun talk can get very important over regular work.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I should work at Gibsons, esspecially the sporting good part of it, know where everything is, I often browse there, plus buy firearms and accessories etc. [:)]

I usely shoot in Bandera, it closer than the ranch, spent  my first week out at the ranch, when I got my bushy, had a wonderful time, even managed some varment shooting, left my signature in a many cactus as well. [:D]

TG
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A lot of guys on here have experience with Bushmaster AR15s. I am one of them.
View Quote

You have been dying to say that!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of guys on here have experience with Bushmaster AR15s. I am one of them.
View Quote

You have been dying to say that!
View Quote

Woohoo! You better believe it! [:D]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I just bought my second Bushmaster a few weeks ago(25th Anniversary Edition), and I love it.  Of course, I'll add some things to it, but as far as being a superb rifle---it is!  My first Bushmaster(M17S) is totally stock, but it's a very reliable rifle also.  It would benefit from some custom mods, but it's fine like it is.  IMHO, you can't go wrong with Bushmaster.[flame]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top