Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 7:29:58 AM EDT
Have Very Large hands and long fingers.
Who makes the tallest grip with the largest girth that also positions the hand as far rear as possible?
So far the Ergo Grip seems the most likely candidate.....

TIA
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#1]
You might want to try the Pachmayr AR15 grip.  I have long fingers and can barely reach the safety with my thumb.

[img]http://image.uploader.net/uploaded/CA17V308.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#2]
SPR grip
"[img]www.lux55.com/penn/m4.jpg[/img]"
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#3]
The SPR Grip.  By far, the largest diameter.  With only slightly larger thatn average hands, I find it locates my trigger finger better then any other grip.  I still have Ergo's on most of my rifles though.  You can get one from MSTN or Brownell's.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I did not like the Ergo.  It is longer than the A2 grip but thinner, with no real increase in size.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#5]
fobus g-27 grip is pretty big. i just traded mine for a hogue grip as it was a bit too big for me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Unless you sent this post from the Klingon Home Planet, the SPR should fill your hand nicely.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the G-27, even though it is an excellent feeling grip it did nothing to put my finger in a better position on the trigger. You need to go at least an inch winder at the top of the grip.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have the G-27, even though it is an excellent feeling grip it did nothing to put my finger in a better position on the trigger. You need to go at least an inch winder at the top of the grip.
View Quote

What kind of G27 grip were you using?  Mine spaces the entire hand about a half inch further away from the trigger than a factory grip with no beavertail.  Saying it did nothing to put you in a better position is just not true.  It puts my hand in a similar position as many DA/SA autos put my finger in SA mode.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm 6'6" and have large hands. The SPR is almost big enough but it doesn't increase trigger reach enough. The best grip I've found was simply an attachment that Brownells sold that you screwed onto the back of the A2 grip. This effectively lengthened the trigger reach to comfortable levels. I could actually pull the trigger with the pad of my finger with it installed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#10]
SPR is pretty darned great for those with wookie-like hands.

Better as a target grip though, it's not ambidextrous so for general use it could be problematic or not be appropriate for SinistralWookie shooters.

Here's a link to the pics of the SPR grip I have on my AR10.
[url]http://home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/ar10/ar10a4.html[/url]

LOVE the grip as a target grip, have one on both my AR10 and my accurized AR15.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 5:18:54 PM EDT
[#11]
He wasn't using the flag as a tablecloth was he?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top