Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2003 11:33:33 AM EDT
Ok guys the parts are all Brand new. I orderd /the advertised complete SP1 upper / less bolt. This is what the upper has on it.At the bottom of the carrying handle at the rear site it has a C H .It also is a .250 push pin on both pins.NO oversized pins, Hell Yeah!!!!!.The barrel has only "C MP chromed line barrel". I can't remember what my old M16A1 barrel had stamped on it.Its a pencil type A1 barrel.Would this be a 1:12 twist barrel.Thats what I was hopeing for. Theres nothing else.I even took the hand guards off and wiped the barrel and all down with CLP and found nothing under there either.the front site houseing has a C on it with a Bell looking logo with something inside the bell on it.Its really faint.Thats what it looks like anyway.Man is this thing lite after carrying my A2 for so long.Just wondering does all these marks check out to be COLT.Thats what it sold as. Thanks WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, a 1 in 12 barrel.

Sounds like a Colt upper and sight base as well.

Back then there was only one twist being issued, 1 in 12, no 1 in 7 or 1 in 9, so no need to put the twist on the barrel.

Should be a great shooter for the 55gr nato rounds.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)  :)  :)   [<]:)] [<]:)]  [<]:)]  [<]:)]  [<]:)]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#3]
And if you look really close at the upper, right in front of the ejection port, you'll see a tiny triangle, and just under it, a small square box. There are even more tiny letters inside each of them. One has a "C", and the other an MP.  Colt's proof marks[:D].  Yup, you got the real thing, and it's apparently an M16A1 surp piece, not an SP1; if the front hole is the same size as the  rear.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Although it's advertised as an SP1, I thought true SP1's did not have a forward assist?

I saw the add and considered getting one myself. Sounds pristine!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#5]
When I called and asked about this they told me the upper had the large front pivot pin and it had the A2 style brass deflector. I was going to order one till he told me this.  Guess I got someone who didn't know what he was talking about.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#6]
The triangle says VP the Square has a C.....Nice upper.....Now if somebody would freaking buy mine!Even earlier andmore rare
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]
WarDog, sounds identical to the one I bought from CDNN 2 years ago. What color is the finish on the receiver?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top