Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2003 5:25:58 PM EDT
I don't know if this has been brought up yet but I had wanted to know if any restrictions had been added to this proposed AWB that would prevent us from parts buying,selling,or trading in order to keep our rifles working?

I do recall reading something about not being able to buy a "parts kit" to assemble but I wasn't sure about getting separate parts.

Supposing you need a barrel or a bolt/carrier. Guess that means you're SOL!

Link Posted: 8/19/2003 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#1]
well it's all about regulating EVERYTHING about firearms that the liberals what. They want to regulate parts, ammo, repairs, sales, trades, etc.

My suggestion, buy spares now (you should have spares anyway) along with ammo, the prices can only get worse in the near future...
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Basically all semi-auto weapons are banned, and so are the parts kits to prevent people from making their own.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
RAT BASTARDS!!! I HATE ALL POLITICANS!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#4]
It won't even get to the floor for a vote.  So don't get your panties in a knot over it.

But that doesn't mean you can let your congresscritters off the hook.  Keep the pressure on them with calls and letters so they continue to remember that we're watching and ready to vote them out (or back in) at the next opportunity.

CJ
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#5]
they'll give up on the new ban, but in return all they'll ask is that the current ban be made permanent
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#6]
[b][size=4]Politics[/b][/size=4]

Dissected and Translated from latin:

Poli = Many

Tic(s)  = Bloodsucking Creature(s)

You do the math...
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:40:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Matt made a good point. Somehow this is going to be spun to where the anti's give up on their all-encompassing ban and we will be expected to "just" renew the existing ban. In some insane way it will appear to be "reasonable" to extend the current ban. NO DEALS!!! Why hand them what their numbers in Congress can't?

I'm also a little suspicious of the NRA's true efforts. They keep referencing the really oppressive proposals now in Congress, but I haven't seen them even mention the renewal of the existing ban. Could it be that the NRA will again be known as the "King of Compromise"? I can hear it now: "Hey, we defeated the really bad ban so we have to throw them a bone of some sort. After all, the thing's already been on the books for 10 years, what's the big deal? We have to be reasonable." Makes me wanna puke!  
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:41:11 AM EDT
[#8]
There is absolutely no reason to compromise at all.  The anti's don't have enough strength to even bring up the subject of extending the current ban to a floor debate.    

They get NOTHING but a swift kick in the ass, and we get some of our freedom back.

CJ
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#9]
The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enfocement Protection Act of 2003 or H.R 2038.

Heres the complete details (you have to have adobe to read):
[url=http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=108_cong_bills&docid=f:h2038ih.txt.pdf]New Assault Weapons Ban[/url]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#10]
And you think because Sarah Brady's wet dream exists somewhere on the internet that its ever going to become law? With the current makeup of the Senate and House?

The lack of knowledge about how the Congress of the United States works shown by so many who post here is disturbing to say the least.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, don't quit entirely as there is still a long way to go until September 2004; but it looks like the bill is dead as dirt for this session.

Delay said yesterday that there weren't enough votes to get it out of committee to the floor (and Delay has a reputation as a sharp vote counter) and that as majority whip he wouldn't let it come to the floor anyway.

Count on the Dems making another push in 2004 as they try to link it to the election though. Stupid bastards...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top