Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2003 6:19:46 AM EDT
Hey guys Ive always wanted a SP1 rifle.Mainly for the weight and twist rate. I saw CDNN advertise Brand New COLT Factory SP1 Cpmplete upper less bolt.I went ahead and ordered one.$399 . Ive been lightly looking for a SP1 for awhile but the jacked up prices have made me pass. I have a Preban Colt so the bayo lug a Flash Suppressor isn't a problem. I would guess it has the 1/12 barrel.The pic shows it to be a Pencil A1 barrel.Thats what I was wanting.I carried an M16A1 in the service and its a nostalgic, thing with me.I like the weight also. What do yall think about the price? Ive already orderd it so yall can hurt my feels if ya want to.That Damn impulse buying!!!!!!!!! LOL Thanks WarDawg

Link Posted: 8/16/2003 6:48:45 AM EDT
[#1]
See my add for the real thing in EE I was asking 550 would sell for less or trade.....E-mail sent
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I dunno.  Bought an A1 upper at a gun show several months ago; 99% finish, zero apparent wear in the bore, confirmed by a throat guage, WITH bolt, carrier and cocking handle, missing only the front hand guards (bought a pair locally for $10) for $325; no sales tax and of course no shipping.

But then, if I hadn't found that deal, I probably would have gotten the CDNN piece too[:D]
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I am very happy with the Colt stuff I got from CDNN.I believe this is a military A1 upper,good stuff!
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I say buy it.  It is good go and after all it adds a bit of nostalgia to your rifle.

[marines]

max
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#5]
saw a brand new manufatured older style upper at a gun show, on SHERLUK table, 3 prong flash suppresor, triangle handguard, thin barrel, no forward assist....barrel was stamped 1/7.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Two years ago CDNN had new condition complete Colt M16A1 uppers minus the bolt carrier group and charging handle. Dealer price was $280.00 IIRC. I bought one through a FFL buddy of mine. It had a black finish on the receiver rather than grey. Don't know why that is but it's a close match to the RRA lower I put it on. It's my current favorite AR. WarDawg, you won't regret the purchase.

I just looked at CDNN site. SP1 upper with a tear drop forward assist? Sounds just like the upper that I bought except they advertised it as an M16A1 upper.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, you wanted feedback....

Hate to bust your bubble but...

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=177137] In EE, $275 with bolt, All Colt[/url]
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the tip on the EE . I went and looked. They are the true SP1 upper .They have no forward assist. Im looking for I guess the A1 .I want one like I use to carry, or as close as I can get. I have already ordered from  CDNN. Im going to post back here and let yall know what they meant when they advertised as BRAND NEW SP1 FACTORY Colt uppers complete with barrel/less bolt.If they look rough I'll let ya know. Got my fingers crossed. Thanks for the replys guys... Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 5:25:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Those on the EE are fair condition with scuff marks and handling wear. The one he bought for $395 is new. Hard to compare the two.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#10]
These are not SP1 uppers - spoke to CDNN. They are small-hole military Colt M16A1 uppers.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Guys I just got mine in.Its looks like the other poster stated .A M16 military upper.It is the small hole. .250 Its exactly what I was looking for.It has the light Pencil barrel and is Brand New.... I also bought the colt chargeing handle$19 and Colt A1 buttstock with buffer and buffer tube .Comes complete for $49.CDNN did very well on this A big thumbs up. It said new but I was expecting good to great ,but this turned out NEW...  
Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Kiesler's Wholesale has them too.  M16A1 uppers with  a Colt bolt assembly for $499.

Don't think charging handle is included.

Link Posted: 8/25/2003 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I ordered one from Kiesler's on Friday 8/22. The gentleman on the phone said it came with a charging handle and bolt assy.  Said it was ready to go as is.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I ordered one from Kiesler's on Friday 8/22. The gentleman on the phone said it came with a charging handle and bolt assy.  Said it was ready to go as is.
View Quote

$499 complete seems like a great price, DR.  Let us know how you like it when it comes in.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top