Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2003 7:24:13 AM EDT
I want to buy a BM stripped lower.  does anyone have any advise on thebest place to get one.  (Yeah I know the EE, but have not found any and posted a WTB add for one as well)  I would appreciate your experience in this quest.  Danke
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 7:43:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Local FFL dealer?
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 7:48:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure Bushmaster sells em..........[;D]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought they may but I did not know if any of the wonderful dealers here on the board where known to have any good prices on them.  I am looking to get another and would like a Bushmaster.  Thanks though
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#4]
skip the BM greyish lower and get either a DPMS, Mega (stinger) lower or a RRA lower.
Bushmasters are, in my opinion, overpriced. For the money, you'd think you would get a nice jet black finish.

personally, for $89 bucks, you can't beat the Stinger/Mega lowers that Iblis sells. I have a couple of them and they are fantastic. Milspec in every way that I know of and are a gorgeous black.

But, however, some people percieve that Bushmaster is the end all be all. They are just the most popular. Not any better than the others. A nice forged from any of the above companies will do you right. Its all a matter on if you want to pay more for the name.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a BM and also bought a RRA lower. I am wanting to in the future buy a RDIAS and the RRA has the block in it.  It will be a few months before i drop the dough for the RDIAS but wanted to have a decent lower to drop it in without taking my other Bushy for that.  Do the Mega or DPMS have the raised ledge?
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Gunbroker has stripped Rock River lowers for $99ea.

[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=10978103[/url]

Auction Arms has an over priced sripped Bushy lower for $199.95. Maybe I'm biased since I own one but I'd go with the Rock River if I were you, heck you can get a complete Rock River Lower for $209.

[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=10953183[/url]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#7]
The list retail price for a Bushy lower is about $189, so $199 isn't that much of a mark up.  Have you thought about trying a [url=http://www.quanticoarms.com/asp/itemDetail.asp?dispItemNum=739&type=M&CMN=Eagle%20Arms&CMNum=22&CMSNum=68&CMSN=Receivers]Eagle Arms Lower[/url] from Quantico Arms?  It's only a $100 and its made by Armalite.  you could call them and ask if it has the sear block or not.  At half the price, I think its worth a call.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#8]
The best price I saw on them was $149.00 stripped on the EE. It seems several dealers had them for that price. I bought a RRA from Lexington arms for 99 bucks delievered. Try EAGLE FIREARMS, they have them listed for 149.00 over at the EE for the last two months Several other dealers have them for the SAME price-seems like that is the lowball price when I was shopping for one. I ended up buying A RRA-the quality was great and was shipped on Thursday, received on Monday. Matched with BM upper
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Forget the RRA lowers and go with the Bushmaster. My friend has an RRA lower mated to a Bushmaster upper and the fit between them is extremely tight. I could not seperate the halves unless both pins were pushed out. Look at Gunbroker and Guns America to get a good price for one.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Forget the RRA lowers and go with the Bushmaster.
View Quote

Skip the RRA if you want to pay more.  I have both and I have a bushy upper that fits better on one of my RRA lowers than it does my Bushy lower.  Every upper to lower fit is going to be different.  If you want to save a few bucks buy an RRA if you want a Bushmaster for whatever reason you really can't worry about a few extra bucks.  Find a good FFL and have him order you a lower directly from Bushmaster since that is what you want. When it boils down to it you may save an extra 10 or 15 bucks somewhere finding one, so skip a few meals at McDonalds this week and help keep an FFL in the business.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:46:38 PM EDT
[#11]
The RRA lowers fit good on my OLY, and my Bushmaster upper. The quality IMHO is great on the RRA. I never heard anybody say anything about them, until I started wanting to buy another lower. I was going to spring 149 bucks on the Bushy plus shipping until I saw the RRA for 99 bucks shipped. I thought I would take a chance and try one out. I kind of like the no nonsense logo on the side. I think the newer Oly logo is gawdy. If you are stuck on buying the Bushy, Eagle Firearms is your best bet.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:49:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I have 3 ARs with Bushmaster lowers and one with an Oly. There are differences. First off I can tell by the way my magazines fit. In the Oly for some reason, I have a hard time getting some of my magazines to insert. The mag-well seems a bit narrower than the Bushmaster. On the Oly there are still machining marks left on the receiver especially in the front pivot pin area and in the front part of the mag-well around the outer lip. It's things like that convinced me that Bushmaster is the only lower that I'll buy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top