Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2003 8:15:59 AM EDT
Wondering if $800.00 out the door for a complete weapon 16" DPMS flatop with compensator, front sight no rear sight was a good price?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#1]
average..i would save my pennies and get a bushmaster, talk to a dealer and see if ya can get a good deal.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have the time and some skills you can build one for a about a hundred bucks less, and get just what you want.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wondering if $800.00 out the door for a complete weapon 16" DPMS flatop with compensator, front sight no rear sight was a good price?
View Quote

What model?  What diameter barrel?  

I have a 16" DPMS flattop (500 rounds through it) without compensator that I'll sell you for $650.  [smoke]
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#4]
If that's the lo-pro classic, you can get those around here new at shows for $650.  I've seen them online for that price too.  Try to find out what model it is so we can get a good price for ya.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's my Thoughts:

1)  Complete flatop upper with 16" Heavy OR Lite barrel: $435.95 from [url=http://www.cmmginc.com/]CMMG[/url]
2)  DPMS lower parts kit $59 from above.
3)  Buttstock $65.95 from above.
4)  Mega Lower receiver: $135  (including tax, shipping and $25 dealer fee)

Thats $695.90 + some shipping, and you get the same rifle with either heavy or lite weight barrel.

BTW, you can pick up the ARMS #40 backup iron sight with the money you saved! (And don't forget to get some USGI 30's too!!)

Hope this helps!
Tex78
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Also IMHO the MB will be far too noisey, and will make life difficult for you if you ever decide to install a different front sight, or install certain types of FF tubes.

Tex78
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#7]
That is for a "custom built rifle". CAR style collapsable stock (pinned). That also included tax,transfer,30 rd mags.

Basically we picked what we wanted from the DPMS catalog and the dealer is ordering it for us, cutting the barrel and installing the compensator.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top