Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2003 10:42:30 AM EDT
I am loading some handloads with 40g Nosler ballistic tip and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with accuracy with this weight bullet and a 1 in 9 twist.  16" by the way. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#1]
OK let me phrase it this way, Can anyone see any problems with using standard charges with a 40 Grain bullet in a rifle with a 16 inch barrel and a 1 in 9 twist?  Would there be any advantages or disadvantages of using it for shooting paper at 100 yards? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#2]
You should be good to go.

I'm loading 40grn Vmaxes and 40grn Sierra BlitzKings to max loadings for a 1:9 twist 223Remington and getting great results, 100 yard 10 shot group averages in the 3/4 inch range with a rather basic 40grn Vmax handload using AA2015 or H322.

The Nosler Balistic Tips in my opinion are an even tougher bullet than the Hornady Vmax or Sierra BlitzKings, little thicker construction of the Nosler jackets I believe.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Shouldn't be a problem, I have run 40gr. loads through my 1:8 twist 20" BBL. with no apparent problems, not Nosler, but they should be fine.

Travis F.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top