Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2003 5:03:46 PM EDT
I'm looking for some feedback on which design looks the best. These are the 3 I did initially but I'm not sure which one I should go with. If anyone has any other suggestions please pass them along to me. Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Given the name of your company, I like the first one the best.  The biohazard symbol would be second, and I really don't care for the radiation one.  

My price for assistance in product development is one stripped lower.  Please IM me for my shipping address.[:)]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The biohazard logo is by far the coolest logo I have seen so far.  It surpasses the atomic logo on the Mega lowers.  I would definitely be in on three or four if you chose the biohazard symbol.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#3]
PLEASE tell me these are going to be forged.  We really don't need another garage business making cast trash.

If you're going to go with the biohazard logo (which is cool) at least name your company something that jives with it...like "BioHazard Firearms" or "Lead Delivery Systems, Inc."...then just tack on "of West Virginia" in your propaganda.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I second the Bio-hazard name and logo.
Looks cool and go forged or don't bother!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Bio looks the best.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:01:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Seems like everyone likes the biohazard one so far. I've been in business for a little under three years and it would be difficult to change my company name at this point.

And to answer your question these will be made from 7075 Aluminum forgings.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:49:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the Atomic logo from Mega the best so far, till I saw this biohazard one. Now I can't decide.

Looks good.

Check [url=http://www.memorableplaces.com/m1garand/whitelettering/whitelettering1.html] this [/url] out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:22:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I prefer the more conservative West Virginia.  The bio hazzard is kind of stylish, the Radiation is downright misleading and incorrect.  Both of the latter tend to make the receiver look like a toy and definitely not mil-spec IMHO.

Will these all be full-auto only?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:34:34 AM EDT
[#9]
No. They will not be full-auto only. Almost all of them will be semi-auto.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#10]
The W.Va. makes more sense and would be instantly recognizable to the name. What would the other two symbols have to do with a company called "West Virginia Firearms"? Bushmaster has their snake. Colt has their Pony. Those icons make sense. The state silhouette makes sense for your company name.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#11]
You could make the name of the rifle something other than WV-16 or WV-15.  you could name it something that relates to the biohazard symbol.  

It's just that the biohazard symbol looks really good and makes it stand out.  The WV state symbol is just a little plain and doesn't give it much of a selling point unless you live in or are from the state.

You don't have to change the name of the company, just find a way to relate the name or model designation of the rifle to the biohazard symbol.  Therre are plenty of AR's with pretty conservative logos, this would be unique and stylish.  I think a lot of people would rather have a cool biohazard logo than a plain RRA, Stinger, or Eagle Arms logo if they were buying a receiver or rifle.

Didn't Mega recently change the name of their receiver to the Gator AR because of the gator grip front?  They didn't change the company to Gator Arms, they just changed the name of the rifle.  The name Mega didn't have much to do with an atomic symbol in the first place (other than mega means big and atoms are small, but c'mon, its kind of a lame association).  It was just a cool logo that got people's attention and did a good job of promoting itself due to its uniqueness.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#12]
[b]How about something based on this?[/b]

[url]http://www.usswestvirginia.org/default.htm[/url]

[img]http://compjrk.home.mindspring.com/wvsurigaopaint.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:33:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I like the Biohazard the best too. It looks cool.
Don’t care for the Radiation logo at all.
The WV logo is OK too, maybe get rid of the dot; keep it simple.

Can you call the weapon an M-16? That would be really cool too. Don’t know if ATFe would allow it.

Cal: 5.56 mm sounds more official.

Maybe add [b]CDC[/b] under the biohazard logo. Stands for Christmas Day Carbine right. I have a Remington 870 registered as an SBS that has [b]CPS[/b] engraved right below the ejection port.

Can you engrave all the weapons (semi-auto too) with selector markings; that would be cool to have an AR with burst and auto markings. Not PC but cool. You could even engrave a small [b]o[/b] above the selector switch hole to look like the pin for the sear.

That would be a great forgery…

Best Regards, J

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:54:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Bio Hazard/rad logo is kinda GAY. The WV state outline looks alot more professional than a pointless symbol that has no connection to your business.
Bushmaster uses a snake because there is a nasty mean snake called a Bushmaster !...just my .02
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:06:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I agree with tangeant, keep it simple. Your company is West Virgina Firearms, then I would use the WV symbol.

While the Bio and Rad signs are cool to look at, they aren't on a rifle.

What comes to mind is this, those two symbols have a REAL meaning, using them on your rifles would be like some average joe shmoe wearing a t-shirt that said [b]FEDERAL AGENT[/b] on it.

....just my opinion which don't amount to a hill of beans.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Have you seen the doublestar arms logo?  It is some kind of winged creature.  I am not sure what that has to do with the name "Double Star", but it is a cool logo.  

Personally, I don't feel the biohazard symbol is flashy or overly complicated at all.  It is great looking and unique.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I voted for the WV state outline. It looks very professional & cool too. I would love to have a few of these. Any idea when they will be available. How about dealer pricing? I would like to have some to sell in my shop also.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't think you would want to admit to anybody your from WV. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:30:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Either of those logos would be a misuse of an internationally recognized symbol with a definite meaning.

I agree, either would LOOK cool, especially the biohazard one, but I would personally NOT recommend using either one.

How about Saddam Hussein's face, with X's for eyes and a hole in the forehead?

CJ
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#20]
In reality, go with the W.V. logo, it looks better.

BUT, the biohazard looks cooler, just not good for mass-production. More like, mass-DEstruction!

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind having a lower with the biohazard on the side, esp. if it said, for LEO/Gov't only on the other side, then it'd just be KILLER!

Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#21]
How about this:

Get hold of a picture of Dianne Feinstein's autograph, scan it in, convert it to a usable file for the CNC mill, and create the Dianne Feinstein Signature Model!

CJ
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Of the three the outline of West Virginia is the most appropriate.  Honestly though, I wouldn't instantly recognize the outline as being a state at all.  The shape of states like Texas,Kalifornia or maybe Florida are well known, but the shape of WV just doesnt have universal recognition outside of your region. I'm not trying to make fun of your state, just trying to convey my first impression.  How about using an outline of the Twin Towers with the words "Never Forget" or something along those lines.  Maybe even call it the "Freedom 16". Several folks on this site advocate calling the AR-15 a "freedom" rifle instead of an assault rifle, why not work the patriot angle.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#23]
HOMELAND DEFENSE RIFLE.

CJ
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#24]
From a cool point of view the Rad. and Bio. s are great. But the state is a better one IMHO. I would die for one with TEXAS instead, if you catch my drift.
GG
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#25]
How about the WV and Biohazard logos combined?  That would kick ass.  If not, I'd go for the Biohazard.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Although I think the biohazard logo is cool looking, its too trendy, just check out any young punk's tatoo's and you're sure to find one.

For a product representing your company and a logo that will command respect for years to come, go with the WV logo, the biohard's cool for an album cover, but you're marketing a firearm, not a fad!

just my $.02
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Although I think the biohazard logo is cool looking, its too trendy, just check out any young punk's tatoo's and you're sure to find one.

For a product representing your company and a logo that will command respect for years to come, go with the WV logo, the biohard's cool for an album cover, but you're marketing a firearm, not a fad!

just my $.02
View Quote

That is it!  Just have an album, let people custom order their receiver design just like a tattoo book!  Tacky as hell, but I bet it would sell.  With a custom order price too!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#28]
For actual use on a real rifle I like the W.V. outline best.  More professional, the other 2 look like something a teenager would put on his metal-shop class project 80% AR.  Not to mention, like ColtCarbinbe said, the Bio & Nuke markings have real meanings.  The Radiation one might be ok if you had Tritium night sights on it.....

How about a style-ized "WV" or "WVA"?  Kinda like the West Virginia Tech logo. [img]http://www.d2football.com/Teams/WVIAC/west_virginia_tech_logo.gif[/img]

If & when I ever decide to do a 80% lower I was thinking about putting the  Russian Tula (star with arrow)or Izhevsk (triangle with arrow) arsenal logo on it, with the year I made it underneath & cyrillic lettering for the selector settings & other info.  Would fit right in with my M95 Nagant & M38 Mosin..especially if I use a 7.62x39 or ".21 Ghengis" upper.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How about this:

Get hold of a picture of Dianne Feinstein's autograph, scan it in, convert it to a usable file for the CNC mill, and create the Dianne Feinstein Signature Model!

CJ
View Quote

Great idea!!!

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I would like to see some major engraving covering the whole AR15, all standard black finish with gold or silver inlay.

Now that would look good.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I would like to see some major engraving covering the whole AR15, all standard black finish with gold or silver inlay.

Now that would look good.
View Quote

Bling bling, baby! [@:D][@:D][:D]

I've seen pix of a MP-5 done up like that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#32]
the WV looks much more professional
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top