Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2003 2:57:55 PM EDT
I just just got a check from Uncle Sam for $400.  I'm itchin' so bad to buy an Oly kit for my mega lower.  I will do it monday if nothing comes up.  I can barely afford my (13yo)daughter's school clothes and books(I'll let her shoot it!!!), my car is about to fall apart and it won't pass the emissions test, yet I have $500 for an Oly kit.  Should I do it?  C'mon, I need enablers for my BRD. I know this is the place to find 'em.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Addiction is such an ugly thing... [;)]
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#2]
you sick bastard...how can you think of your children at a time like this?!  Get the OLY kit...she can wear the same clothes, borrow the books, and you can walk hehehe.  

I know what you're going through...I was actually considering holding off on my mortgage to build a lightweight upper.  It didn't last long, but it showed me just how far I've sunk hehehe.  

Next stop, the firebarrel lol.  (a 12 step program story...about the guys you see gathered around the flaming 55 gallon drums in the seedy parts of town.  Maybe they should reserve a place for us hehehehe).  
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I got $800 coming....mmmm...I can build another rifle for that....
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Just remember.....you need magazines, lots and lots.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#5]
No no no,

consider it a coupon towards future optics purchases and upgrade like a MOFO.

That's just the optics junkie in me.    OHHHHH, Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x HMMMMMMMMM!

Or Leupold 8.5-25x Mildot M1 Long Range.....

My 300WinMag is in need of some good Badger Ordinance maximized bases and rings too.....
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No no no,

consider it a coupon towards future optics purchases and upgrade like a MOFO.

That's just the optics junkie in me.    OHHHHH, Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x HMMMMMMMMM!

Or Leupold 8.5-25x Mildot M1 Long Range.....

My 300WinMag is in need of some good Badger Ordinance maximized bases and rings too.....
View Quote

I need an AR to put them on first!! I'll spend next years tax refund on optics. I have a .308 unfinished sniperfile as well, but the Ar project will fit into my budget easier than a Leupold M1LR(I guess I need 2 of them now!!) Oh shit, I'm out of control. I did buy a lottery ticket though. hehe.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I live really close to a shop caled "Cheaper Than Dirt". They are nationally known and have a website, but anyway, they have a bunch of Colt 30 round mags for $37. They are really light and feel like aluninmum, but I can't tell for sure. They have the pony stamped on them. Do you think those are worth buying?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy your magazines right here on the EE... CTD is out of line with price on most everything they sell and with CTD you can never really be sure of what you're getting until you open the box... caveat emptor
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I live really close to a shop caled "Cheaper Than Dirt". They are nationally known and have a website, but anyway, they have a bunch of Colt 30 round mags for $37. They are really light and feel like aluninmum, but I can't tell for sure. They have the pony stamped on them. Do you think those are worth buying?
View Quote

Like stated above!  Your best bet is on the EE forum here.  USGI mags are aluminum!!  Correcto!  but you don´t need the Colt stamp and you´ll pay less without it.  Just get USGI mags.  THeyre the same anyway.  Heck, I think OKAY IND. made Colts mags anyway and they produce for the Military.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 11:21:37 PM EDT
[#10]
See what these damn things have driven us to??? Don't delay another minute; quickly send them all of them to me, and free yourself of this horrid addiction!!!

My address is : 325 Springfield Drive....

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!![}:D]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I fell off the deep end and ordered the standard 20" oly kit by phone on Monday.  I had it in my house on Friday.  Only 5 days!!  I assembled everything last night and took it to the range today for break-in. It functioned flawlessly and looks good too.  The only gripe I have is that the handgaurd has alot of slop in it. Is this normal?  I plan on putting a FF tube on it later, but this bugs me.  The upper and lower fit perfectly with no slop whatsoever.  I spent all day..fire, clean....fire, clean....fire, clean.  I'm not finished beaking it in yet, but after 30 rnds. of blue box Black Hills 55g sp's, it's been hitting within 3" of poa @100yds(about 1-1/2 average).  I know that is not spectacular, but I can't see much better than that with iron sights.  I'm happy with it so far.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Colt and Cav arms handguards are the tightest I have ever seen, BM and Oly make looser parts and rattle. Check into the Cav stuff I like it more then Colts.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Woot
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top