Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2003 6:38:39 PM EDT
This company sells a good safe and sells what they call a humidifyer for $28.  It is a rod type device similar to a goldenrod I think.  Is it effective, is it worth the $28?  thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a dehumidifier, and if you live in a humid enviorment it is a must, for $28.00 it is a solid purchase.
After all, you paid how much for that AR?
There isn't many worse things than opening the safe after having been away and seeing the patina of rust on your investments.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Which company is this? where did you find it? or more precisely, where can I find it? I want one!
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#3]
to Lockedon:

the company is located in Fresno, California.  their website is either sturdysafes.com or sturdysafe.com.  happy hunting.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a Golden Rod and a low voltage light bulb
(25 watt)in my safe.I have never had a problem.
I live in Michigan and it does get humid at times.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 1:23:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a golden rod along with a silica gel canister. cant be to safe. The canister has crystals on top that turn pink , pop that boy in the oven at 325 for 3 hours and stick it back in safe.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya gots all the right answers here dude ... everyone that responded told ya right.

Even if ya don't live in a terribly humid envirement, it still pays to get one, or two.

[whacko]

Another word of cheap but gooood advise ...

Bolt that sucker to the floor, big time.

A friend of mine in the Keys got his safe flipped over by the goblins and they torched [pyro] the bottom of the safe and took everything, the cash he had in there at the time was burned mostly to ash. I mean bolt that thing with the best hardware you can get.

There's NO excuse for negligence
-- John Wayne

Da ReCoiL_JuNKie [50]

Luvvvvv them Carbines, I really really do. [bounce]
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 9:59:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey thanks alot Rhatland, Browsing their site right now.
Happy hunting to you as well!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top