Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/25/2003 2:31:50 AM EDT
Just how long does it take to get a rifle from Oly Arms?  I ordered a CAR97M4 through a local FFL dealer around the beginning of March..... still no rifle.

Was told by Oly they had to run a new lot and it would take about 3 months.....  Then was told it should be available by the end of July.... This is getting real old.

Anyone had this problem in the past?  
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never ordered a rifle from them, but did have some repair work done and my experience has been that you really need to keep on top of them to make sure that follow through, as things seem to slip through the cracks real easily over there.

I've been totally happy with their rifles and the work that they do - it's just that they seem to move at a glacial pace over there.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear that. Everytime I do though, I think it is better to order from one of the guys on this board who build. Next time try ADCO or Legal Transfers. They could have you a new RRA in less than a week.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just how long does it take to get a rifle from Oly Arms?  I ordered a CAR97M4 through a local FFL dealer around the beginning of March..... still no rifle.

Was told by Oly they had to run a new lot and it would take about 3 months.....  Then was told it should be available by the end of July.... This is getting real old.

View Quote

Please don't say that... I put my money where my mouth is and ordered the same CAR97-M4 yesterday thru my dealer. My first Oly took about 2 weeks. I can't wait that long!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Please don't say that... I put my money where my mouth is and ordered the same CAR97-M4 yesterday thru my dealer. My first Oly took about 2 weeks. I can't wait that long!!
View Quote

UPDATE: Just called Olympic and they are shipping M4's as we speak. If you don't get yours soon, you might want to have a word with your dealer.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are having problems, or have questions at Oly, call down and ask for Skip.  He will set you straight, he used to work in back with the weapons and now does customer service/ sales.  He knows how to make things work and won't jerk you around.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I think your dealer is blowing smoke up your proverbial "third point of contact". Oly hasn't been backordered in Car-97M4 models more than about 2 weeks all year!

Ask your dealer if he ordered them direct, or if he has them on order through a wholesaler like RSR, Lew Horton or FAC. Between those 4 sources someone has them in stock all the time!

Something is WRONG here between your dealer and the source from which he is purchasing the rifle. Better get on your dealers bum.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#7]
7 days, if it is your rifle and you just want the barrel swapped out with your other upper and a vortex welded on. And the charge you for an hour and a half to swap the barrels.

Dont ask
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Well it took 14 months for them to repair mine on their screw up. Don't hold your breath.
PAT
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top