Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2003 8:58:41 AM EDT
WEll I have been bitten by the bug, Must have one of these puppies.

Where does one find any reloading Data. I looked on the Alexander Arms website, and the data is minimal.

Any dealers for these in the Dallas/FortWorth area? I would like to put my hands on one, before purchase.

Will my bushy lower hold up to the abuse of one of these big uppers?( I will shoot the piss out of it)

How many reloadings out of each case can be expected? For me, it seems that straight walled cases last much longer than the bottle-necked stuff.

Does anyone have another source for brass other than AA? or am I at their mercy?

I Am looking to get this baby up and running before the fall hunting season
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a Beowulf expert, but have seen and read enough to answer some of these questions:

1) Cabelas sells loaded ammo and can special order all reloading equipment for the round if they don't have it stocked.  You have to call them.  Impact Guns also carries the reloading equipment and loaded ammo.

2) Brass can be reloaded about 5-10 times dependning on how hot you load.

3) Bushy lower will be absolutely fine with the upper.  The lower really doesn't take much of the stress of the operation of the rifle.

4) Not sure about longevity of the brass over the necked down 458 SOCOM, but they are similar.

HTH....

Ed
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I e-mailed Alexander Arms the same question regarding more reloading date.  What they sent in retun was little better than on their web site.

I too was bit by the bug and ordered the upper, brass, dies, from Impact only to find that everthing is on interglatic back-order.  Since that time I found a local store that had an upper in stock for a price I just couldn't walk away from so I got it.  

If you go Cabelas you'll have to speak to their special order department for dies and brass.

I've got mine sitting on a RRA's lower.  The fit, finish and feel of the upper itself it very good to great.  I'm snowed under with work right now so I have yet to chamber a round - that will soon change!

I'm thinking that I should be able to get at least 6 if not more reloads before sunsetting the brass.  The bullets are the same as .50AE so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Back to work.....
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Reloading data is supplied with the dies. I don't have it handy or I would tell you. But there are about 5 loads they list for 325gr , 335gr and 400gr bullets.

I have shot mine on my Bushmaster lower before I put it on a dedicated Eagle Arms lower. The 334gr bullets can be found at Midway.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#4]
From the little bit I have gathered this round looks to be hell on Hogs/deer. I have mostly stayed away from wildcat rounds, but this one seems to be drawing me in. I have never seen this round in person, nor the uppers. I will go to the funshow this weekend in hopes of supplies. I am not one to buy something sight unseen.

I am half scared of brass being limited or becoming obsolete, Will need to buy a bunch when/if I do find it.

I emailed alexanderarms with questions this morning with no response yet.

Hopefully I can find a load using winchester powder, I happen to have a bit of 231 and 296 lying around.

I can't get anyone up at AA to answer their phones either........
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top