Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2003 2:15:32 PM EDT
What is the difference between the two? Weight and size. I have 3 KAC grips but I haven't touched a Dieter yet.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello?? WES??
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Straight from the man himself:

NEED A VERTICAL GRIP FOR BETTER WEAPON RETENTION IN CQB OPERATIONS?

WANT A VERTICAL GRIP TO DECREASE YOUR SHOT-TO-SHOT SPLITS OR PROVIDE BETTER CONTROL IN FULL AUTO FIRE?

NEED A WATERTIGHT STORAGE COMPARTMENT ON YOUR WEAPON FOR MISC SMALL PARTS, BATTERIES, ETC.

WANT A VERTICAL GRIP WITH PROVISION FOR A SUREFIRE PRESSURE PAD SWITCH?

TIRED OF REPEATED MUZZLE STRIKES IN TRAINING DESTROYING OTHER BRANDS OF VERTICAL GRIPS?

IF THE ANSWER TO ONE OR MORE OF THESE QUESTIONS IS IN THE AFFIRMATIVE, THE DUANE DIETER DESIGNED CQD VERTICAL GRIP IS THE ANSWER. THIS WORK OF ART IN CNC MACHINED ALUMINUM HAS TO BE USED TO BE APPRECIATED.

THE DEEP FINNING KEEPS THE GRIP COOL, EVEN DURING EXTENSIVE FULL AUTO FIRE. I SHOT AROUND A THOUSAND ROUNDS THROUGH MY M4 THIS WEEKEND AT THE G.S.F.S. WITH THE DIETER/CQD VERTICAL GRIP INSTALLED AND NEVER NOTICED ANY WARMTH TRANSFERRED THROUGH IT. THIS THING IS STOUT! AND SURPRISINGLY LIGHT IN WEIGHT, TOO, AT ONLY 7 OUNCES. THE BUTT CAP HAS A WATERPROOF O-RING TO ENSURE THE HOLLOW HANDLE'S CONTENTS ARE KEPT DRY. THE PERFECT SPOT FOR YOUR REDUCED-SIZE B.A.T.F. PAPERWORK!

THE DIETER/CQD VERTICAL GRIP HAS CLEVER CUTOUT FOR THE SUREFIRE PRESSURE PAD SWITCH. IT EVEN HAS CABLE ROUTING MACHINED INTO THE BASE.

THIS THING WILL OUTLAST YOUR WEAPON. A BARGAIN AT $99. MIL/L.E. PRICING AVAILABLE.

VISA/MC OR PAYPAL ACCEPTED.

BY THE WAY, WHO IS DUANE DIETER? HE'S THE CHEERFUL FELLOW ON THE COVER OF THE BLACKHAWK CATALOG, TRAINER OF THE NATION'S MOST ELITE WARRIORS.

WES GRANT

M.S.T.N.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I cant knock the Knights grip, it does its job... but the Dieter grip is so much more. If you can justify spending like $60 on a Knights grip, you should have absolutely no problem spending $100 on the Dieter. There's so much more to it. After having used the Knights grip for a while and then getting the Dieter, you are sort of left thinking, jeez, this Knights thing is a little puny. IMHO, the only thing that beats a Dieter is the Surefire M900.

Before (Knights grip)
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/p98fd6ebd2cfdc6ecdaf33691e1775859/fca4734b.jpg[/img]

After (Dieter grip)
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/pacef70fd88a25e14c84a00e7e55d609f/fc326f0c.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#4]
the KAC grip is a twig.  After speaking to Chen Lee and some others I went with the DPMS grip.  I really like it but might switch to the dieter in the future
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
the KAC grip is a twig.  After speaking to Chen Lee and some others I went with the DPMS grip.  I really like it but might switch to the dieter in the future
View Quote

Hang on my friend, i am getting my dirty little hands on some 1st production TangoDown forward grip in early August.  It will be in the price range of the KAC grip, it uses two indestructible cross bar to mount to the RAS rail, it has a recess slot for the tape switch, and the bottom knob will screw off for a water tight battery compartment. it is a bit over sized grip that fit the hand much better.  look for a post as soon as I get my hands on them.  

BTW, I am glad you like the DPMS grip, it is pretty solid setup, but is also kind of heavy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top