Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2003 8:04:38 PM EDT
www.usmc.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/lookupstoryref/20033734035

LARGE versions of these available at the link above.

One hi-res just for fun:

Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I want a collapsible stock.....muawwwwww

Now if I could just grow a big enough set to paint my gun.....

Cool pics Lumpy! New background.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#2]
When they are doing that, do the line unit Marines stand around and watch them?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:02:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Mmmmm....I'll agree that they are shooting, but I think that "qual"ifying is a stretch.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#4]
In the large pic. His dustcover is shut...he hasn't chambered a round or anything...? So he just posing for the picture???
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In the large pic. His dustcover is shut...he hasn't chambered a round or anything...? So he just posing for the picture???
View Quote

Fairly common practice in military circles to close the ejection port after loading unless you're under fire.  Keeps debris out in the field.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:09:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Mmmmm....I'll agree that they are shooting, but I think that "qual"ifying is a stretch.
View Quote

Got tweezers and a magnifying glass?

Nits abound for the picking.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:27:51 AM EDT
[#7]
What, no picks of the after action "FOD" walk?

ETA: Those are some sweet pics, thanks Lumpy196!
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:43:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I want a collapsible stock.....muawwwwww

Now if I could just grow a big enough set to paint my gun.....

Cool pics Lumpy! New background.
View Quote

That's probably Bowflage or something similar.It's removeable with paint thinner and a little elbow grease.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:06:12 AM EDT
[#9]
3 spray can camo job..

" One can tan, one can od green, one can brown. "

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:43:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Makes you proud to be an American.

It's the politicians I can't countenance!  They don't deserve to exercise command and control over guys like that.

Makes you wonder what will happen if, and when, "America" ever wakes up?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:45:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, check out the Swan Sleeve on the hi res pic.  Why doesn't that marine take advantage of the extra rail length and toss his Comp M out there?  Then the flip covers could secure in the six o'clock position and he wouldn't have to worry about target occlusion.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah, check out the Swan Sleeve on the hi res pic.  Why doesn't that marine take advantage of the extra rail length and toss his Comp M out there?  Then the flip covers could secure in the six o'clock position and he wouldn't have to worry about target occlusion.
View Quote

probably for the same reason that he's carrying a gerber. He should've moved on to something that won't break by now.
Lumpy, you were right about the tweezers, these are great.
Thanks for the pics.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#13]
The regular Marines probably don't just stand around and watch, they probably stand around and talk a whole lot of sh*t, just like you guys are doing.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Correct me if I am wrong.  Isn't this Aimpoint mounted cock-eyed?  I could be wrong.

[img]http://www.911products.org/MWR/aimpoint.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#15]
No, its not.  Its mounted with the power knob on the left so he can operate it with his off hand.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Lumpy-- I haven't tried mounting mine like that.  I just bought an Aimpount CompM2.  Does mounting it like that affect the adjustment knobs or do you still turn them exactly the same direction?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#17]
When they are doing that, do the line unit Marines stand around and watch them?
View Quote

I'm not sure why they would?  When we deployed, line units, SEALs, and Recon, would practice live fire whenever the opportunity presented itself.  It wasn't out of the ordinary for any of them.  Nothing really special.  At times, we would shoot paper targets, but the most fun was shooting floating ammo cans in the ocean.  

Dan
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Lumpy-- I haven't tried mounting mine like that.  I just bought an Aimpount CompM2.  Does mounting it like that affect the adjustment knobs or do you still turn them exactly the same direction?
View Quote

Nope, you still have a windage adjustment and an elevation adjustment turret.  It just been rotated to the other side. They arent dedicated.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
At times, we would shoot paper targets, but the most fun was shooting floating ammo cans in the ocean.  

Dan
View Quote

Guys watch out for a MARPOL violation :)

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Isn't it funny how the guy's that are actually out doing this stuff have a different opinion on gear than the guys sitting at home on their computers ?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 11:25:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Isn't it funny how the guy's that are actually out doing this stuff have a different opinion on gear than the guys sitting at home on their computers ?
View Quote

If you are refering to my gerber remark, I've broken enough of them around the house that I wouldn't take one hunting, let alone the kind of work these guys do.
And, yes, I was using the correct blade for the correct application. I wasn't prying anything.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:58:27 AM EDT
[#22]
gerbers are CHEAP at the PX. and the Corps buys gerbers for comm, EOD, motor-T etc so its probably an issue item.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top