Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2003 6:10:33 PM EDT
whats a good price to pay for a pre ban M4, brand new in box...
I know little about pre bans and dont want to get ripped....
I am looking for a configuration of this style.....
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I got my preban Colt M-4 for about $1500.  Haven't seen many that are too much less than this.
Scorpion34 OUT!
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
prices seem to be trending downward some. Probably in anticipation of the AW ban expiration.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
downward, Approx. Price???
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]
josepi,

A preban Colt M4 that is NIB?  Isn't going to happen, but you can get ones that look close.  Scorpion has probably the finest example that I have seen, and he got it for a great price.  His wasn't NIB, but it was darn close to it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#5]
i dont understand, why cant it happen?  I own firearms that are new in box that are 20 years old.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
downward, Approx. Price???
View Quote

You really need to look around on the equip exchange and the other gun sale sites like sturmgewehr, gunsamerica, gunbroker. Lot of others, FWIW.

Depends on what you are looking for:

Colt vs Bushy? Other prebans.

I am not aware of any preban that came in orig M4 config so they will be hybrids with diff finish(unles refinished of course).
Various Colt receiver's also and these will vary in price.

There is quite a range and it is also affected largely by condition and what seller thinks his is worth.

a new Colt M4 upper, complete goes for upward or $800. Large price range for various CAR stocks also with Colt being at the top of that range, once again. You can get a complete Bushy M4 upper with permanently attached phantom FS for about $660 IIRC.

It is far to variable given the various options to give you a definite price or range. What is it you are looking for, exactly?

If you are looking for all Colt in excel condition $1500 would be the low end of that range and even post AW ban will not drop a whole lot.

One option would be to buy a SP-1 which can be had for about $1000 if you look around and add an M4 upper and CAR stock. That's probably what I would do right now but there are alot of options.
Otherwise I'd hold out until the ban expirse and pick up a new M4 bushy. Hopefully they won't gouge us too bad.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top