Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2003 5:01:16 PM EDT
Anybody know who sells complete a-1 uppers? I know a few companies that sell a stripped a-1 upper but not a complete one that I can purchase and attach to a lower.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Fulton Armory. Look under the upper section for the "Hornet"

[url]http://www.fulton-armory.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster also sells one, but it's in the C7 configuration, with the brass deflector.

[url]www.bushmaster.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Also [url=http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=17307] Brownells[/url].

The ones mentioned offer the C7 and "slick side" configurations. Any suggestion on where to find A1 upper with F/A but no brass deflector?
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:13:29 AM EDT
[#4]
We've been down this road before[:D]. There seems to be some question about whether the DPMS unit that Brownells sells is actually an A1 piece, or a C7 unit.  The printed description under the picture (which is an A1) apparently says one thing on the internet site and another in the printed catalog.

My advice? Before anybody orders out one of these so called A1 pieces from any parts house, call and confirm that it is an actual A1 style unit, without the deflector hump.

Most of the folks I know who have built up A1 type units lately have picked up used GI surplus pieces at gun shows.  During the past years I've found both a forward assist type big hole upper to put on my SP1, and a complete GI A1 type barreled upper assy at shows. The armed forces have been swapping A2 top ends over onto A1 lowers, and some of the old uppers are floating around on the market
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#5]
The Kiesler's Wholesale ad in the current SGN (nothing about it on their website) shows a complete M16A1 top end (upper receiver group+bolt carrier group+charging handle) for $499.99. Says they've been in storage for "20+ years"; presumably these are take-offs from M16A1s that have been updated. The photo shows one with old-style handguards and no brass wart but there's no telling if it's an actual photo of what they're selling.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top