Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2003 7:03:01 PM EDT
Hello,

I got my new RRA back in January.  I was wanting to add something, but not quite sure what.  I already have a couple of scopes.  When I ordered the AR I had them add a muzzle break and I have a gas block and removable front site added.  I was just wondering if anyone could offer some suggestions as to some additional add-ons.  Right now I am looking at maybe something between 100 and 200 dollars. Thanks for any help....

_Lloyd

My webhosting site went down so here is a link to what I have....

RRA Elite LE Tactical CAR A4
www.rockriverarms.com/rra_elite_le_a4_tactical_car.htm
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
What about a pop up rear site and with the gas block a folding front site so you could just fold the front and if the optics go you can flip the front and pop the rear up.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess from the link that your RR ia a flat-top. An aimpoint will give you wood, an ACOG will give you serious wood! Or maybe a SIR system could replace your handguard. Aimpoint=$300
ACOG=$700
SIR=$400
If all else is too expensive, have you tried shooting your RR with a vertical foregrip mounted on a picatinney rail?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#3]
IMO, I'd like to have one of the Vltor stocks.  Probably the A1 length which just came out.  They are about $120 at mstn i think.  Don't know if you would like one for your set-up, but it fits the price range you gave.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:49:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for some great ideas.  I have something to think about now.  I agree on the ACOG, I want one but I have to save some more for that one.  The wife would shoot me right now.  lol  

az-ar,

I really like the looks of the vltor modstock.  How hard are these to install?  

Anyone have ideas, opinions on the vltor stocks?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know that much since I don't have one, but I believe that if you get the retractable stock, you need a colt buffer tube or something, but for the regular fixed length rifle stocks, any type of tube will do.  Try asking Wes at mstn, or go to [url]www.vltor.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 2:39:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Dane, get yourself a CQB 3 point sling. Most useful accessory you'll put on that rifle of yours. If you ever have to carry that thing all day you'll want to scrap all the other toys you put on it, other than your sights of course, and be damn glad you have a good sling. Try it some time.

Shabo
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#7]
az-ar,

Thanks for the info.  I'm gonna look into that more.  I really like that stock.

dbshabo,

You know I was just looking at those slings.  They really seem like they would be a nice addition to my rifle.  I may have to give it a try.  Thanks..

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top